www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 2x stroke street tracker - project coming together slowly.  (Read 11887 times)

Offline NoRiders

Re: 2x stroke street tracker - project coming together slowly.
« Reply #70 on: Jul 30, 2018, 19:24:53 »
Honing kit used tonight, barrel/bores looking OK I reckon. Not perfect but they should do if pistons measure up to fit.

Also, the loom has been trialed and all appears to be in order. Connected the major components such as regulator, spark box, coil pack, indicator relay.....I'm sure I (my son) can adapt to suit the 400/4 frame and bar controls too.

In other news...I've temp fitted the front disc to wheel and wheel to forks as I need a suitable caliper......anyone advise please?

Clearance between mount and disc = 20mm.

Mount to mount dimension - 60mm

I really like Yamaha calipers with the anodised star piston design, I wonder if they could be made to fit?

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #71 on: Aug 01, 2018, 15:05:03 »
A quick mock up of the Microns on the engine, just to see if they sit right....very pleased :)

Liking the way they fit and look...fat expansion pipes in stove enamelled black will go nice with a glass blasted engine with black detailing.

Spoke to a local blaster & powdercoater today, 50 for each alloy wheel in appliance white, 80 to blast and powder the frame and the same for the tank too. The white will have a RAL number so I can have the plastic guards 2packed in the same shade of washing machine white ;)

Engine will be glass blasted which leaves a nice natural finish he tells me....liking the sound of that :)

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #72 on: Aug 06, 2018, 11:08:46 »
Received a letter from UK DVLA telling me my copy V5 vehicle reg document is incoming...yay.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #73 on: Aug 09, 2018, 19:00:55 »
Roll up roll up...get yer side panels...only 18 for three   ;)

Honda 350 side panels with sharks gill vent a likes....me likes too. Hope they fit the frame haha!

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #74 on: Aug 20, 2018, 14:46:06 »
All I'm sayin' is....it helps to have a mate who runs industrial power washing machines...;)

That must count as the easiest degrease I've ever done.

Small steps....

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #75 on: Nov 18, 2018, 21:00:33 »
Long time no update!!

Split the case today, and dropping the crank into the 'shop who'll refurb it....new seals n bearings.

Spent a few minutes on the wirewheel too :)

Sent from my SM-J320FN using DO THE TON mobile app

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #76 on: Nov 24, 2018, 19:18:21 »
My workspace just got funky.....x9 lighting panels have certainly brightened things up a treat :)

...and, I think I've found a possible front guard......the CBX550 front of my other bike.

Stock position..

Where I think it should sit..

So I'll trim the leading edge and find suitable U bolt fittings (hope not exhaust clamps) to clamp around the fork leg. That'll also provide a mounting point for the speedo that I want on the leg too.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #77 on: Nov 25, 2018, 18:05:25 »
Been chatting to a fella on FB who produces custom decals. I'd told him what I wanted and sent a MS paint sketch of the CB200 tank.

He's turned out this amazing design which I will go with as it's better than my outline idea.

Suzuki GSX-R mid/dark blue and white (the tank will be painted white) decals in blues. He's now working on a flash of colour on the CB350 side panels I hope to fit.

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #78 on: Dec 01, 2018, 13:18:33 »
Kempton Park Motorcycle Jumble turned up trumps again.....5 excellent hours rummaging to find a few items that'll work.

The alloy block will become the caliper standoff bracket.

Red NGK plug caps will add a touch of colour

The stainless springs will look smart on the Microns.

The Domino BETA throttle will take the Renthal grey grips and look very cool.

The red/black gloves will keep my pinkies clean :)

Offline NoRiders

« Reply #79 on: Dec 02, 2018, 15:46:01 »
So, I'll be needing a longer fork stem then....:/

Spoke to my tame turner who can copy the Malaguti stem but add 15mm as it came up short when the taper bearings were installed which is a bummer, but just another obstacle to overcome.

I'll also need a 5mm spacer for the lower race as the bearing will sit too far inside the headstock and it may rub on the bottom yoke. The race has to be spaced 5mm from fully home which is about right.

He'll also make custom Delrin swingarm pivot bushes with one piece stainless steel liner as I couldn't find Metalastic steel/rubber bushes in the dimension required.

No images as somehow, I deleted them off the phone before downlaoding them....???