www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 50448 times)

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #490 on: Aug 07, 2018, 05:00:20 »
Well it finally arrived the moto gadget M unit basic and M button which will allow me to run a single wire to all the front controls

This should be a huge improvement to the OEM wiring, next on order will be the Dyna 2000 system and that should be pretty much all the electrical side of things taken care of

Once I have all the components I will do a mock up in the electrical tray to see how everything fits before deciding on battery options

Iím hoping with all the upgrades to the charging and electrical that it makes using a lithium battery a safe option

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline LKS

« Reply #491 on: Aug 09, 2018, 17:56:06 »
Cool! I hadn't really planned it, but ended up ordering an m-unit too. Mine hasn't come yet, so I'll count on you to figure it out so I can follow your steps ;)

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #492 on: Aug 10, 2018, 19:36:28 »
Cool! I hadn't really planned it, but ended up ordering an m-unit too. Mine hasn't come yet, so I'll count on you to figure it out so I can follow your steps ;)

I have one more week before I get home, then Iíll be into it.

Pay just went in the bank so the Dyna system will get ordered today, Iíll have to wait until Iím home to purchase the wiring that Iíll need to run. I believe Iíll have all I need then.

Iím looking forward to setting it all up and running the wires once thatís. Done Iíll have to hit the rear wheel chain and sprockets ( which Iím unsure what actual wheel hub I have so getting the correct sprocket May be a little difficult)

Iím toyin with the idea of using the R6 brake caliper but that will require us to fabricate a new bracket. ( Iíll have to see if dads keen to give it a crack on the mill) just a pipe dream atm may just end up leaving the only brake caliper on.

I would like to find a rear disk thatís drilled out like the front two or have the one that Iíve got drilled out.

The more I think about it the more I have left to do :/ still have to work out how to mount the steering dampener as well.

Would love to have this project going by oct nov, so I can ride it during the summer

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline LKS

« Reply #493 on: Aug 11, 2018, 05:02:12 »
Looks like cool plans.

I used this site when searching for sprockets for my 520 conversion. It has measures for all the sprockets and lists all other models that use same sprockets. It was very helpful.

http://www.jtsprockets.com/catalogue/sprocket/JTR284/

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #494 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:25:47 »
awesome once i go home and check the stud pattern ill use this site looks really helpful

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #495 on: Aug 12, 2018, 05:11:14 »
Well I ordered the DDK1-5C Dyna 2000 Ignition 2.2 ohm Coils with DW600 wire set.

It should all be at home when I get there, I believe thatís the final piece to the electrical system puzzle. There should be no issues with spark ( that is after I replace the spark plugs )

Offline DanielK

« Reply #496 on: Aug 15, 2018, 14:09:56 »
Those m-units are super nice. I use a basic in 4 button config but without m-button. So easy to wire and works really nice.
--Daniel
CB650 -80

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #497 on: Aug 19, 2018, 22:35:24 »
Well it looks like all the electrical components are here now

Now itís time to read all the instructions and wiring diagrams

Then hope I get it right

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #498 on: Aug 21, 2018, 05:17:16 »
So Iím at a stale mate with this bolt. It the 12mm in the centre of the brass nut.

All my attempts to remove it have just further stripped the nut.

My socket set has 12 rather than 6 sides on the inside, so Iíve just gone to the hardware to pick up some impact sockets in the hope they will assist if not Iíll have to differ to plan C, get the impact driver set Iím hoping to save my pennies(but Iím not usually that lucky)

Iím having the same issue with the nut that holds the magnet in for the rotor stator

I hit them with WD40 and let it soak overnight, tried it again today then added more WD40 not really sure if itís having any effect at all.

Iím pretty sure the holes are threaded normally Iíll have a read of the workshop manual before having another crack, that will be embarrassing if Iíve been trying to turn it the wrong direction all this time

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #499 on: Aug 21, 2018, 05:57:47 »
Boom the correct tools for the job paid off