www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 50235 times)

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #520 on: Sep 03, 2018, 23:03:53 »
This bad boy just rocked up in the mail

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #521 on: Sep 09, 2018, 04:15:11 »
I needed to make a mount for the speed sensor to go, so last Friday I headed down to the old mans workshop and he helped me make one up out of some aluminium he had in the shed

First we had to make the block square, then we made a 1mm slot up the top so the bracket would slide over one of the original mud guard mounting positions.

Then we drilled out the hole for the M6 bolt, and on the underside we made another slot for the speed sensor to sit. We counter sunk the hole so the bolt would sit nice and flush

Next was the fun part polishing it up then mounting it, I like it because it blends in and stands out at the same time.

I think when it comes to the final assembly Iíll polish all the parts the Oldman has made up as theyíre parts that I want to show off the craftsmanship especially the foot peg adapter brackets and soon to be custom top triple ďwatch this spotĒ

Iím not sure if the wiring will get completed this break as Iíve been told by the minister of war and finance that the backyard needs to be partially excavated and Iíve got two days to make that happen. Hopefully tomorrow I have a really good run, either that or it rains and works cancelled I can dream

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Online The Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #522 on: Sep 09, 2018, 11:42:26 »
Looking sharp man, great work.  How will you be routing the wire from the sensor to the speedo unit?  A friend has the same set up on his CB900 and he has his kinda exposed. 
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #523 on: Sep 09, 2018, 18:19:20 »
Looking sharp man, great work.  How will you be routing the wire from the sensor to the speedo unit?  A friend has the same set up on his CB900 and he has his kinda exposed.
Iíll wrap it up with the brake line probably with some of that coil wrap stuff

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Offline Kunphushun

« Reply #524 on: Oct 08, 2018, 23:15:26 »
Ive just read through 53 pages of amazing dedication and perseverance.  This is an awesome build!  I cant wait for an update! You're a mad man, and very skilled at it.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #525 on: Oct 14, 2018, 08:41:37 »
Ive just read through 53 pages of amazing dedication and perseverance.  This is an awesome build!  I cant wait for an update! You're a mad man, and very skilled at it.

Cheers, sheís been a journey, hopefully this break I can get my ass into gear and make some serious ground.

Lol Iíve always prided my self on being a skilled madman, Iím still working on the whole skilled mechanic side of things but.