www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 81910 times)

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #800 on: Jul 10, 2019, 22:17:07 »
@cb250nproject
Can you let me know what paypal slugged you on total cost of the above reg as the aus $ down in the dunny at the moe...if you dont want to post in forum them pm me thanks :)

dude, they're not going to know what a dunny is.....

for our colonial ( and other ) cousins, its a toilet, the great white telephone etc
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline wozza

« Reply #801 on: Jul 10, 2019, 22:41:16 »
dude, they're not going to know what a dunny is.....

for our colonial ( and other ) cousins, its a toilet, the great white telephone etc
Hmmm I thought cb250nproject was an aussie...if he isn't then the question I asked is pointless regardless of the colloquialisms  lol 
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019, 22:43:38 by wozza »

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
« Reply #802 on: Jul 10, 2019, 23:50:39 »
oops my bad, he is an aussie , but we have to make allowances for the rest of them
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
« Reply #803 on: Jul 11, 2019, 03:10:14 »
@cb250nproject
Can you let me know what paypal slugged you on total cost of the above reg as the aus $ down in the dunny at the moe...if you dont want to post in forum them pm me thanks :)
$154 . 90 the exchange rate definitely isnít in our favour

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #804 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:03:26 »
Tried to draw my wiring diagram itís missing the speedo wiring but I think Iím getting there ever so slowly

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline wozza

« Reply #805 on: Jul 11, 2019, 06:35:20 »
$154 . 90 the exchange rate definitely isnít in our favour

Thanks much appreciated...;) 

Offline Avvatar

« Reply #806 on: Jul 12, 2019, 04:12:17 »
I just devoured this thread. I love what you're doing and I have a whole bunch of respect for you. You're going about it the proper way and not accepting anything less than you know you are capable of. Keep the faith! This will all be worth it in the end. You will know every bolt and nut on your bike intimately. That's something not many can say.

You've really inspired me.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #807 on: Jul 12, 2019, 06:49:27 »
I just devoured this thread. I love what you're doing and I have a whole bunch of respect for you. You're going about it the proper way and not accepting anything less than you know you are capable of. Keep the faith! This will all be worth it in the end. You will know every bolt and nut on your bike intimately. That's something not many can say.

You've really inspired me.

Cheers Avvatar,

welcome, itís probably getting to be a long thread by now, due to the amount of reworks. Itís been a long journey but hopefully she starts soon.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #808 on: Jul 12, 2019, 06:50:36 »
Progress from OMMís shed on the carb adapters

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #809 on: Jul 13, 2019, 08:18:07 »
So Old Man Murphy came through with the goods for the carb adapters, Iíll pick them up tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the clearance issue I was having with the oil delivery line.

I fitted the rear set which helped to identify some items that will need to be sorted; Iíll need to fabricate a bracket to hold the rear brake reservoir. wired in the rear brake switch which I got done today. Also I posted a question about the engine mount spacers on the 750/900/1100 fb page, and one of the guys there noted I had no earth strap from the mount to the battery . This was lucky because I had totally forgotten to do that.

I wired in the speed sensor, speedo, tacho then I wired in the idiot lights

I still have a heap of earths that Iíll need to solder terminal ends to so they all connect up nicely.

I ran my oil sensor, neutral sensor, crank sensor and starter motor wire through behind my chain guard plate, Iím not sure if thatís going to be an issue but I helps hide the wiring as I run it up the frame.

Iíve just run the chain through but itís nots connected yet Iím going to need to work out how many links itís supposed to be then chop and join it. Definitely one of those measure twice cut once kind of jobs.

Iím going to need to get brake lines front and back made up as the stock gsxr ones donít reach not that I have the riser bars on also the rear brake lines will need to be done. In addition to this I will need to replace the front brake pads too.

But no brakes wonít stop it starting ;)

Hopefully tomorrow Iíll get this wiring done and the carbs on Iím not sure if Iíll be able to custom the OEM throttle cables or not to suit he CR carbs have to play it by ear