www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 87121 times)

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #850 on: Jul 24, 2019, 01:58:39 »
I see that two of us suggested leaving the M/C in place and raising the CALIPER so that air rises to the bleed nipple in the caliper.  Don't raise the M/C, that allows air back into the m/c and it travels back down the hose again.

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
« Reply #851 on: Jul 25, 2019, 01:36:42 »
This should be home when I get back, Iím going to need to change this fluid again so may as well get the right tools for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #852 on: Sep 10, 2019, 05:36:29 »
So my cycle x muffler came in the mail, it was a stainless finish, so I needed to do a little polishing so it would match the headers.

Next I tried to bleed the rear brakes using my new brake bleeding tool, but Iíve run into an issue.

So when I try to use it on the nipple I canít pull fluid through. I removed the brake line to the caliper and Iím able to draw the fluid through the line no issue, but when I connect the line to the caliper and try to draw the fluid through nothing comes out.

So close yet so far away

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #853 on: Sep 10, 2019, 11:06:57 »
Bleeding the rear brake shouldn't take too long as the brake line is pretty short, as long as your caliper and MC are all in good working order.  If that air tool is causing you grief you could always go old school - make sure you've got fluid in the MC reservoir, depress the brake pedal 4 or 5 times, keep it depressed while cracking and then closing the bleed nipple on the caliper (attach a hose to the nipple to cleanly drain the fluid into a bottle or something), and repeat. 

The fluid level in the MC reservoir will drop - make sure you keep it filled during the process or you'll introduce air back into the system and you'll have to start all over again.  It shouldn't take that long to do as long as everything is in working order.  Did you rebuild the MC?
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2019, 11:08:43 by Jimbonaut »
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline pidjones

« Reply #854 on: Sep 10, 2019, 14:13:15 »
Was bleeding the front calipers on my '79 GL1000 (the old fashion way) and got nothing out the right side bleed screw. Pulled it out, and it was plugged with rust! Drilled the plug out and then it bled normally.
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #855 on: Sep 10, 2019, 15:15:42 »
Was bleeding the front calipers on my '79 GL1000 (the old fashion way) and got nothing out the right side bleed screw. Pulled it out, and it was plugged with rust! Drilled the plug out and then it bled normally.

Been there.  I like to start with a dry system, get a big ol syringe, I used a meat marinade one, put some hose on it, fill it up and connect it to the nipple. Open the nipple and push the fluid through until the MC is full. No air ever and done in a minute. Put the cap on the MC lose or else you get a rain shower of brake fluid, ask me how I learned that ;D
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #856 on: Sep 11, 2019, 00:59:24 »
So I removed the entire caliper and all the bolts including this one at the back of the caliper.

I hit the caliper with compressed air, then put it all back together. I tried using the brake bleed tool still wouldnít draw the fluid through, so I just tried the old fashion way and what do you know... boom success, I canít explain it but Iíll take it.

Next I started looking at my spaghetti wiring and looked at where Iím going to mount the m-lock. There are two holes on the back which are really small, so I decided to use some resin and mount a M6 bolt in to make it easier to mount to the underside of the electrical tray.

Resin is currently setting then Iíll try to mount it.

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #857 on: Sep 11, 2019, 10:32:46 »
This is giving me chest pain... ;D

You need to find some other colors, man.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Cafť SOS - Stage Oneô, Cafť SOS - Stage Twoô
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #858 on: Sep 11, 2019, 19:04:44 »
Bunnings or Jaycar having a sale on red wires this week mate?

What many of us used to do was to go down the local wreckers/breakers and pick up a complete car wiring harness to strip and harvest different wire colors from.  Bike harnesses tend to be a bit short for what you are doing. 

Fortunately there are companies selling colored wires in a range of solid colors and stripes.  Someone downunder must be supplying the burgeoning classic car industry.

I did a quick google search and found a couple including https://jaydeeautocables.com.au/collections/single-core

https://www.autocablesonline.com.au/

They look a little thick for some of the circuits, but it's some place to start from.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2019, 00:21:43 by teazer »

Offline wozza

« Reply #859 on: Sep 12, 2019, 00:39:34 »
What about the motogadget kit? https://www.shop.modernmotorcyclecompany.com.au/collections/motogadget/products/motogadget-m-unit-cable-kit
Im sure there are cheaper options out there but at least this kit was designed with the m-unit in mind.....