www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1999 Trans Am  (Read 1660 times)

Offline interceptor

Re: 1999 Trans Am
« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2017, 07:56:18 »
Thanks  ;)  The one thing my son really likes doing is going to the Woodward Dream Cruise.  If you don't know what this is, here is a link to what it's all about http://www.madmanmike.com/woodward_dream_cruise.html.  If you are in driving distance of Detroit, I recommend going.  Lot's of cars and lot's of fun  :)
Opinions are like farts... they stink and no one wants to hear it except yourself.

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2017, 16:02:10 »
Looks good ;)
If you plan to keep the drivetrain basically stock, you can upgrade the rear with OEM components with no issues. They only get weak when you start putting more serious HP to the pavement.
As for the engine, get a cold air package, a good exhaust system, and a pro tune on the computer. It will really wake her up.
Yours manual or auto?

I've had several Firebirds. Atleast one of each generation and bodystyle.
'68 Firebird 400/auto convertible (with A/C)
'75 Trans Am 400/auto
'87 Firebird 305/auto Ttop (this one a had the longest, I upgraded her to a built '89 Corvette L98, 3.23 posi, and discs on all four corners, race tuned suspension, and plenty more. I autocrossed it competitively for about 5 years before we built a dedicated racecar. It was a fun car :))
'89 Firebird 305/auto Ttop
'89  Trans Am 305/5spd Ttop
'95 Formula LT1/6spd Ttop
'96 Trans Am LT1/auto Ttop fully loaded -the CD changer
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline interceptor

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13, 2017, 16:53:06 »
Redbird- A cold air package?  Are you talking about like the one sold by SLP?  I'd like to do the exhaust, but honestly, they command a lot of money for a good system.  If I swap gears and do a tune, I think I should be happy.  I'll start with that first ;)
Opinions are like farts... they stink and no one wants to hear it except yourself.

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
« Reply #13 on: Jun 13, 2017, 18:44:22 »
Yes, I had the one similar to this on my Formula...
http://www.slponline.com/product/21014--1994-1997-Camaro-Firebird-V8-Cold-Air-Intake.html
Keep an eye on eBay/CL, they pop up all the time.

Think about just doing mufflers then (or maybe a cat-back system). The key is to lose the restrictions in getting air through the motor.
Also, check into the F-body forums. They're good for info and classifieds. LS1.com used to be the "go to site" for 4th gen performance. I haven't been on there in several years though.
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline interceptor

« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 2017, 09:57:07 »
There were so many options to do with my hood, but ultimately I just wanted simple and clean.  I think this fits the bill perfectly.