www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: My 1974 cb360 café project  (Read 855 times)

Offline dgguia

My 1974 cb360 café project
« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:13:05 »
Looks like the rear swinger has been stretched? You may want to look things over. The angle of the shocks combined with the low clearance of the seat-to-rear tire is a definite cause for concern.

It's been stretched 5 inches. As for the seat it's not mounted just placed. I had to fab up some brackets to have it sit higher up. I'm also looking into getting cb750 shocks there slightly bigger than 340mm which I think would be fine I'm at 320 if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2017, 01:18:18 by dgguia »

Offline dgguia

Re: My 1974 cb360 café project
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:15:11 »
Pull the plugs and put a few cc's of Marvel mystery oil in the chambers.  If you can start it without starting fluid, it's best because the ether clears away oil from the cylinder walls.  Prime the motor first, if it hasn't run in a while, to make sure you get the oil flowing.  These bikes are notorious for burning up their heads, so you don't want to contribute to the problem.

This is going to sound dumb if u don't want to reply I get it but when u say prime? Exactly how do I do that? if not I'll look into it tomorrow thanks again

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #12 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:18:58 »
This is going to sound dumb if u don't want to reply I get it but when u say prime? Exactly how do I do that? if not I'll look into it tomorrow thanks again

Kick it over with the kickstarter 10 times or so without starting it.  Not hard kicks.  Just enough to turn the motor over.  Helps get fuel flowing, but more importantly it gets the oil flowing.

Offline dgguia

« Reply #13 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:23:29 »
Kick it over with the kickstarter 10 times or so without starting it.  Not hard kicks.  Just enough to turn the motor over.  Helps get fuel flowing, but more importantly it gets the oil flowing.

Ok I get wat ur saying I'll give it a shot tomorrow thanks

Offline dgguia

My 1974 cb360 café project
« Reply #14 on: Jun 07, 2017, 01:26:18 »
So here is tear down of when I bought it back in January or February

« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2017, 01:28:20 by dgguia »

Offline dgguia

« Reply #15 on: Jun 07, 2017, 20:54:58 »
So I went home tried to kickstart it and nothing I checked for spark and there is spark on the left the right seems kind of weak. I have fuel coming out of the pet cock I just don't know how to check if the fuel is getting into the carb or not.

By the way this bike is kickstart only no more electric start

Offline dgguia

« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2017, 22:44:14 »
Other than that bad news I rewired the motorcycle for kick start only. Previous owner told me that it didn't work and he always kickstarted it anyways so why not I thought. I found a diagram on google of a simple wire harness. Always on headlight, no turn signals, tailight, stator, rectifier, and ignition switch
This last picture isn't of my motorcycle I forgot to take pictures, I used this as a reference since this is all a first for me I did however take pictures of the bike with the lights running