www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Exhaust Swap Question  (Read 466 times)

Offline FrankenBike74

Exhaust Swap Question
« on: Jan 24, 2019, 14:42:41 »
I have a 1972 Kawasaki G3SS-B that I am currently doing a scrambler rebuild on. I personally don't like the idea of a stock exhaust on the bike as a scrambler since it sits low and would not be great off-road in the woods or on trails. I know Kawasaki made the G3TR, which has basically the same engine and frame. Anyone know if I could swap the G3SS exhaust out for the G3TR's? Almost certain that the two bike have the same manifolds and exhaust ports since the G3TR came out in '69 and the G3SS has the same size cylinder from '69 to '73. Just don't want to buy an old exhaust off of eBay and then not be able to use it. Anyone have any input?
1972 Kawasaki G3SS-B
1974 Kawasaki G3SS-D

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
Re: Exhaust Swap Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2019, 20:43:05 »
Can't say for sure, 100% but a little digging around on the web would lead me to believe that you can use the Bushmaster high pipe.

Look up some parts fiches and compare part numbers for the gasket, cylinder, etc...
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'

Offline FrankenBike74

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2019, 12:03:39 »
Can't say for sure, 100% but a little digging around on the web would lead me to believe that you can use the Bushmaster high pipe.

Look up some parts fiches and compare part numbers for the gasket, cylinder, etc...

Iíll check on Partzilla and get back with what I find part number wise. I appreciate the input, itís nice to have two brains working on the same thing sometimes!
1972 Kawasaki G3SS-B
1974 Kawasaki G3SS-D

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline FrankenBike74

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 13:51:12 »

Did some research and you were correct! The part numbers all match up!
1972 Kawasaki G3SS-B
1974 Kawasaki G3SS-D

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL

Offline VonYinzer

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2019, 09:03:36 »
Did some research and you were correct! The part numbers all match up!

Awesome! Glad to hear it.
Like a river that don't know where it's flowin'
I took a wrong turn and just kept goin'