www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72247 times)

Offline clem

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • static fluff
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #50 on: Aug 18, 2017, 09:52:20 »
Neo Nazi's are a slap in the face to all of our elders that fought and died in WWII. Period.
There is still slavery that happens in this country today and no one reports on it. Not a good enough story to get votes with I guess. Politicians aim to keep the country divided, it benefits them and only them. Pick anyone you wish to be president and the current situation in this country stays them same. Stamp it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

"After every war there are soldiers who refuse to surrender. To this day there are still thousands who cling to their 30+ year old motorcycles, thinking that the war is still on, refusing to concede that the four-strokes have won"

1972 DS7 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45886.msg505995#msg505995
1983 CB550sc bobber http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30599.30

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #51 on: Aug 18, 2017, 10:58:57 »
No, you're a doo-doo head!

Now that I agree whole heartedly with sir

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #52 on: Aug 18, 2017, 11:02:06 »
A moron with a spraycan; stupidity isn't limited to any one political outlook.

However this doesn't invalidate the reasoning behind the removal of Lost Cause statuary.

Crazy

Wonder how a popular vote would turn out if the entire US was poled

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #53 on: Aug 18, 2017, 12:40:47 »
Doo-doo head, you go to the polls, you take a poll, you are polling the people, and we were polled in 2016. Getting poled is entirely different. Maybe you should waste more of your morning on your posts.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poled
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

« Reply #54 on: Aug 18, 2017, 14:43:17 »
Perhaps you meant Popper rather than Hegel.

Crazy

Right you are... got my Germans mixed up with my Austrians and my centuries pretty far off, but thanks!
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

« Reply #55 on: Aug 18, 2017, 14:48:53 »
WoW! You spun that just like a full blown CNN news story.

You seem to think I care what you think Chicken... I don't, your just noise imo.

Love you boo, and you're cute when you're aloof!

But come on, you've got this proof that the left organized the whole thing in Virginia -- you said so yourself! Show us, there are quite a few people interested in seeing that. Otherwise most people will probably simply continue to think that you are one of those people we all read about -- submerged in an echo chamber of sources from the right that rely on opinion not fact, blindly clinging to a president who has bumbled his way through his first several months and recently given a louder voice to his unsuppressed racism.

Let's hear some more how bad Hillary is, and how divisive Obama was.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

« Reply #56 on: Aug 18, 2017, 14:59:47 »
That is a curious question.

Aside from all the shit that happened in the last week or two, they have been going after monuments for a solid year.

49% of the Constitutional Convention were slave owners, including some of the most prominent, including the guy who wrote the Declaration, and our first president, along with the president during the Civil War. Do we go after their monuments next? Lincoln, after all didn't free all slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation, only those in states the Union was fighting.

I'm not here to argue who fought for what, or what monuments are ok, and what are not. Just a curious question as to what comes next, after they tackle all the Confederate monuments.

I understand people are wondering "Where will it stop" but there are some pretty basic differences between paying homage to people such as George Washington and Robert E. Lee, despite what Trump wants people to think. Washington and Jefferson were flawed people, no doubt about that, including owning slaves. But they are celebrated for leading the United States to independence. Yes, slavery is part of that story, but that's not their main story. Robert E. Lee is celebrated solely (or almost entirely) for leading a pro-slavery revolt against the central government of the United States. Despite what some people may want to argue -- and I'd be happy to engage on this topic -- the Civil War was fought over slavery. Robert E. Lee is celebrated because he wanted to separate from the US and create a nation based on the enslavement of others. He and his side lost, the Union won, and yet there is a debate over whether these traitors should be celebrated in public places and in front of government buildings?

Others (Teazer) have articulated it well here -- in a museum? Sure. People can choose not to visit a museum.

Perhaps most strikingly is that Robert E. Lee was wise enough to oppose monuments to the Confederacy at the end of the Civil War. He wisely saw them as divisive at a time when the South had to accept defeat and acknowledge the end of slavery. And as Irk pointed out -- these monuments were put up long after the Civil War, with dubious motives.

And I'll reiterate my previous comment about the divisiveness of Trump, and add this: neo-nazis and white supremacists are arguing that these statues be maintained, and killing people in the process.   

« Reply #57 on: Aug 18, 2017, 15:10:01 »
And there goes Bannon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/steve-bannon-trump-white-house.html?_r=0

Anybody know of an administration that fired and replaced people as quickly as this? With this number of resignations and people refusing to join? With this many positions unfilled? Just curious.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #58 on: Aug 18, 2017, 15:28:29 »
Has anyone here ever partaken in one of these rallies? I'm considering it. On the anti-Nazi side of course.

Group of former ball players organizing it. We're in touch with ESPN and ABC. We spent months and months on the road with each other, white guys, black guys, Hispanic guys, Latin guys, European guys, etc. Color never mattered to us. It's a brotherhood. Some of my favorite memories are with guys who didn't speak a lick of English. Seemingly, it could be an interesting event.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #59 on: Aug 18, 2017, 16:37:24 »
And there goes Bannon.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/steve-bannon-trump-white-house.html?_r=0

Anybody know of an administration that fired and replaced people as quickly as this? With this number of resignations and people refusing to join? With this many positions unfilled? Just curious.

Finally, some winning!
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram