www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72352 times)

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #120 on: Sep 02, 2017, 14:58:04 »
I guess if you have little understanding about how the government is supposed to function you might think that leaving critical positions unfilled is an accomplishment.
We might need to add The Freedom Caucus to the question...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/08/28/harvey-shows-the-anti-government-crowds-utter-hypocrisy/?nid&utm_term=.76ba2b5f90a1

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #121 on: Sep 02, 2017, 15:05:38 »
As for Confederate memorials, maybe we should take a cue from the Bulgarians...

« Reply #122 on: Sep 02, 2017, 15:30:25 »
We might need to add The Freedom Caucus to the question...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/08/28/harvey-shows-the-anti-government-crowds-utter-hypocrisy/?nid&utm_term=.76ba2b5f90a1

Absolutely. Ted Cruz's opposition to government aid that he so eloquently opposed during Sandy has vanished now that his home state is affected.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #123 on: Sep 03, 2017, 14:52:55 »

What exactly has this Trump "movement" done for America that was beneficial?

I haven't seen too much improvement from where I sit, but I'm on the outside looking in.

What would you describe the Trump movement as?

Just wondering how someone who supported the movement see's it.
Exposed a mountain of corruption amongst them "all" and has created a political awareness you will never see again in my lifetime for sure, if Hillary would of won... nothing but crickets and status quo.

We will never be silenced again.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #124 on: Sep 03, 2017, 14:57:26 »
I've been asking that first question here since he was elected, and nobody seems able to answer it. Trump has taken credit for the economy and jobs, but the economy is still reflected Obama-era policy, and jobs as well (despite the claim of some pundits that these are Trump accomplishments). Emboldened white nationalists and racists? Some people would herald those as accomplishments -- but not me or likely most people here. Created an environment ripe for (literally physically) attacking POC and other minorities? Again, some people might find that an accomplishment, but not many people here. Set back American diplomacy with Europe, Mexico, and just about everywhere else and threatened North Korea with belligerence? I guess if you have little understanding about how the government is supposed to function you might think that leaving critical positions unfilled is an accomplishment. Ah... I've got one. He's accomplished the most turnarounds, firings, dismissals and resignations of cabinet and other important positions. So there's that. He hasn't engineered the complete collapse of the economy or the government, so there's that too. American institutions seem to be holding up despite his desire to work around them, that's an accomplishment.

But really, I'm interested in hearing this list of accomplishments because, clearly, I'm an idiotic naysayer. So let's have 'em.
You are completely brainwashed.

Offline farmer92

« Reply #125 on: Sep 03, 2017, 15:20:51 »
Exposed a mountain of corruption amongst them "all" and has created a political awareness you will never see again in my lifetime for sure, if Hillary would of won... nothing but crickets and status quo.

We will never be silenced again.

I though the corruption was pretty blatant personally, but i concur that he has helped raised political awareness.

If i may, i'd like to offer 2 similar anecdotes from our past elections in canada and quebec.

First in quebec:
The liberal party had many corruption scandals, plus the "printemps rouge" student protests. So at the next election many who would have voted for them in the past changed to either the quebecois party or the C.A.Q.
This led to the quebecois party being given a minority out of protest mostly.
They did so badly, that when they held the next election trying to secure a majority, they were crushed, completely. Liberal majority.

Second, canada 2011:
People must have been sick of the constant liberal/conservative stupidity because many more people voted ndp, for a slim conservative majority. At the end of this, people were so sick of the conservatives that many people who wanted to vote ndp voted liberal just to be sure that the conservatives would lose. Outcome, liberal majority.

You may be asking "what the hell does that have to do with the good ol' U.S. Of A. ?"

My point is that if trump can't get his shit together, and he runs again in 2020, he will not only lose, but be crushed, overwhelmingly.

« Reply #126 on: Sep 03, 2017, 16:08:48 »
You are completely brainwashed.

Totes, I am completely brainwashed.

So help me out here, what's so great? What's he accomplished? I just want a couple things. You can't seem to provide any except that I'm brainwashed, which -- I'll be honest here boo -- sounds a little like projection.

The whole "he's-exposed-a-mountain-of-corruption" is rich, given the fact that he's using his office to enrich himself and is currently under investigation.

I know you don't read much (at all?) because, you know, all the news is fake, but here's a little of what you missed this past week. Felix Sater, one of Trump's business buddies, wrote to Michael Cohen, Trump's lawyer, during the campaign and promised to engineer a real estate deal in Russia with Putin that would get Putin on Trump's side and help him win the election. Trump made a campaign-style stop in Houston, in which he praised the crowds (many of whom were actually protesting his appearance) but didn't once mention the deaths due to the storm. He also said the storm and people's actions were "wonderful to watch." He has also ratcheted up rhetoric with North Korea, and after N Korea claimed it tested an H-bomb (likely false), Trump laid into South Korea and threatened to withdraw from a long-term trade agreement. I know you think this is all great stuff, boo, but help me understand why.   
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

« Reply #127 on: Sep 03, 2017, 16:11:43 »
My point is that if trump can't get his shit together, and he runs again in 2020, he will not only lose, but be crushed, overwhelmingly.

Well, that's if he makes it to 2020. He might. But I'm not holding my breath. He's had 7 months to get his shit together and he's doing the opposite. His approval ratings are so low he would have no chance of winning the next election -- the dems could run a stump and win at this point.

The midterms will be a barometer, but midterms aren't always predictive of national sentiment -- it's a factor, to be sure, but there are also local factors in each election.

Offline Tune-A-Fishİ

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #128 on: Sep 05, 2017, 09:13:18 »
Dems won't win in 2020 that is impossible and you leftyy's thought you had 2016 in the bag because the Trump was so low in numbers... then the country turned red like the Verizon coverage map LOL... point is, you have no idea what 2020 will bring. I'll vote for the person that will continue to cause the shithouse to run afraid of the people outside.

« Reply #129 on: Sep 05, 2017, 10:28:07 »
I'll vote for the person that will continue to cause the shithouse to run afraid of the people outside.

Can't argue with that logic.