www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72252 times)

Offline doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #270 on: Jan 26, 2018, 22:03:40 »
That's not a bad point.  Our US tax collections as percentage of GDP is roughy in line with most other developed countries but our cost structure is much different.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/

A quick look at US budget suggests that the two largest costs are Military and Healthcare.  Our military expenditure is something like the combined next 8-10 countries and we want to spend more. We don't need a weaker or less effective military but we could be a lot more efficient and cost effective.  problem with that is that they are effective lobbyists and it's an emotional issue.

On healthcare we also spend twice as much as any other country per capita but our outcomes rate us somewhere around 24th.  Again big pharma and "not for profit" health centers have effective lobbying.  So it's clear that there could be some big cuts in those two areas, we may lack the political courage to address them.  They are very emotional subjects, and yet we need to address them as you pointed out.  Cutting welfare sounds like a great start but it doesn't save a lot and hurts people.  How about we press government to stop paying more for drugs than any other civilized country.  Service and safety do not need to suffer, but that is not going to be an easy task to cut costs.  We need to do it though.

I'm with you on that. (not with her or him)....

Or we could make corporations pay there fair share. They're good for an addition 90 billion a year if they actually paid up. cutting public assistance programs will come nowhere near that. if you want to cut welfare cut corporate welfare. Politicians love to complain about the mythical "welfare queen" yet nobody is talking about the $60 billion fortune 500 companies collect every year in subsidies. Corporations are looting our country while simultaneously telling the middle class its the poor peoples fault.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2018, 22:05:22 by doc_rot »

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #271 on: Jan 26, 2018, 22:20:20 »
NY, NJ, and Connecticut are about to sue the federal government saying the new tax is unfair to high earners, as their deductions on local, state, and property taxes have been reduced to $10K, and they'll be required to pay more in taxes.

Who's for the little guy, again?

Offline datadavid

« Reply #272 on: Jan 27, 2018, 06:14:25 »
NY, NJ, and Connecticut are about to sue the federal government saying the new tax is unfair to high earners, as their deductions on local, state, and property taxes have been reduced to $10K, and they'll be required to pay more in taxes.

Anything that upsets the rich and greedy is great news

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #273 on: Jan 27, 2018, 08:33:26 »
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #274 on: Jan 27, 2018, 13:16:50 »

Not so fast.  The states that have higher state and local taxes tend to be more populous and have more programs to help the poor and elderly.  They also happen to be states that voted overwhelmingly for HC.  What better way to punish HC donors than to hit them with slightly higher taxes.  The super rich people also see a rate drop that more than covers that SALT tax increase but not as much as if they were red state donors to DT.

It is completely consistent with the party that arranges to most egregious gerrymandering of voting districts and is outraged that Trump said he might be open to DACA path to citizenship because they might vote democrat. Anyone that says it's a middle class tax cut is kidding themselves. There's just enough scraps to keep us feeling good while he continues to redistribute wealth from the population to the super rich.

It has happened for years and is just accelerating.

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #275 on: Feb 06, 2018, 04:19:30 »
Will he or won't he?

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #276 on: Feb 14, 2018, 16:38:35 »

« Reply #277 on: Feb 14, 2018, 16:53:22 »
Right... out of the goodness of his heart, and because they didn't have sex.

And Hannity today is parroting an alt-right/white nationalist post on 4chan that Obama's residential portrait contains images of sperm.

El que hambre tiene, en pan piensa.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2018, 16:55:22 by carnivorous chicken »
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Tune-A-Fish©

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
« Reply #278 on: Feb 15, 2018, 11:23:30 »
I see you shills are still here sucking each others dicks and blaming Trump for your lack of parenting  :o
"I didn't come here and I ain't leavin"  Willie Nelson

"love hard, live fast, die fun" Kacey Musgraves

"Like a Wreckin Ball!" Eric Church

« Reply #279 on: Feb 15, 2018, 12:12:01 »
I see you shills are still here sucking each others dicks and blaming Trump for your lack of parenting  :o

Tuna! So nice of you to drop by! Miss you buddy! I thought you might've been smart enough to be embarrassed at this shit show and your wholehearted support, but of course not! Nice of you to drop by and call us all gay! That's how arguments are won, amiright? Genius!
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.