www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 35881 times)

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #450 on: May 09, 2018, 11:16:07 »
Interesting, to me, anyhow.

Iran has said they now have an increased capacity to enrich uranium than they had before the agreement went in to effect, along with new centrifuges to do it with.

How does that even happen under the agreement?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/en.radiofarda.com/amp/29082529.html

So, as we sit, they have developed new long and mid range ballistic missiles, capable of carrying multiple warheads, and increased their capacity for uranium enrichment under the deal, in less than three years.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:20:00 by J-Rod10 »

« Reply #451 on: May 09, 2018, 11:39:01 »
Not so sure Radio Farda is particularly reliable, and it's in Kamalvandi's interest to exagerate Iran's potential capabilities. I'll wait and see if this gets picked up and reported elsewhere.

One other easy way to think about this: we are now punishing Iran for maintaining its end of the bargain.

And another brief note on European support: European companies rushed in after the agreement. Perhaps a little hasty, perhaps a little foolish, and with the weakening rial it would likely be tough going. But... these companies have lobbying power in their respective European capitals...
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #452 on: May 09, 2018, 12:26:16 »
I try to read as little news as possible from here.

One praises all, the others bash all. Zero objectivity.

« Reply #453 on: May 09, 2018, 13:21:04 »
There are certainly better places for news elsewhere, but it's a bit cynical to lump all US media together as though they're all terrible. You might be surprised to find that the NYT published a column praising getting out of the Iran deal as well as one criticicizing the decision. Similar to what you wrote, I tend to find that people in the US who condemn the media are also the first to admit they don't read them.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #454 on: May 09, 2018, 13:51:32 »
I read them. Just not as often as international sources. Every news source puts a slant on everything to fit their demo. That's just the way it is. International sources have less motivation to do so.

On another note. The three Americans that were being held in NK are on a plane home right now!

« Reply #455 on: May 09, 2018, 14:36:15 »
That is some good news!

« Reply #456 on: May 11, 2018, 18:08:22 »
A quick recap of a few events since Trump announced the US will pull out of the Iran deal...

Iran and Israel have been shooting missiles at each other via Syria.

Iran has vowed to fire up its reactors again.

Iranian leaders have ramped up the anti-American rhetoric, although it appears many Iranians are shrugging their shoulders.

Europe has distanced itself further from the US.

Europe is scrambling trying to save the agreement.

The United States has come up with no viable "plan b" other than slapping sanctions on Iran, even though Iran had abided by the agreement and it was the US that pulled out.

-- but Korea!

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #457 on: May 12, 2018, 18:54:37 »
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2018, 19:18:30 »
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.