www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72165 times)

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #560 on: Jun 25, 2018, 16:38:17 »
The problem with that theory is that the Republicans control all the branches and are flailing around and achieving very little. 
You sure about that?  See: Tax reform, Iran nuclear deal,  Paris Climate Accord, Crippling of ACA (no repeal yet, but it's set up now to completely fail), merging of cabinets, reduction of Federal Government, installation of a conservative US Supreme Court Justice (potentially 2), opening of Federal land to mining and drilling, etc, etc, etc.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #561 on: Jun 25, 2018, 19:29:50 »
The problem with that theory is that the Republicans control all the branches and are flailing around and achieving very little. I like when Trump blames Democrats, it shows he doesn't understand the basic mathematic principle of the majority.
There's having the majority, and there's having the 60 votes necessary.

The right has the majority, they do not have the 60 votes, so, mathematically the Dems can hold up bills.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #562 on: Jun 25, 2018, 23:43:14 »
People dont understand how anything really works jrod, so naturally instead of taking action and fixing the problems as they see them, they act out online and in the streets with signs.

A lot has been accomplished so far, things we elected our leaders to do. There is opposition always,  it the Democrats have become obstructionists, take Maxine for instance... creating protest because people want to shop or eat at a restaurant... that's fucking nuts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using DO THE TON mobile app

'75 Honda CB360 - thread

« Reply #563 on: Jun 26, 2018, 02:24:46 »
People dont understand how anything really works jrod, so naturally instead of taking action and fixing the problems as they see them, they act out online and in the streets with signs.

A lot has been accomplished so far, things we elected our leaders to do. There is opposition always,  it the Democrats have become obstructionists, take Maxine for instance... creating protest because people want to shop or eat at a restaurant... that's fucking nuts.

While there are always people who want to obstruct, for example the GOP from Obama's first day, some might argue that people who are trying to obstruct Trump may have a point.

And those pesky -- dare I say "uppity" -- people taking to the streets with signs? They have no idea how things work I guess, so they just act out in the streets with signs. No chance that the act of protest could actually bring about political change.

"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #564 on: Jun 26, 2018, 09:56:15 »

Sent from my SM-G955U using DO THE TON mobile app

Again, tit for tat. The Republicans wrote the book on obstruction. The difference however is that the Dem's never had the power that the Republicans currently have. Of course we will see what happens come November. If the Democrats are obstructionist now, imagine how much the Republicans are going to cry if they lose more seats.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #565 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:01:23 »
Again, tit for tat. The Republicans wrote the book on obstruction. The difference however is that the Dem's never had the power that the Republicans currently have. Of course we will see what happens come November. If the Democrats are obstructionist now, imagine how much the Republicans are going to cry if they lose more seats.
How do you figure the Dems never had the same power? When Obama came in, Dems had control of everything, same as Repubs do currently.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #566 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:20:14 »
It's been so long I can't remember, but as I recall the Democrats only held total control of Congress for something like 4 months of Obama's term. Compared to going on 2 years for this current administration.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2018, 10:22:12 by Sav0r »
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #567 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:23:05 »
They held it until mid-terms. Mid-terms always fall two years after the Presidential election, no?

They pushed Obama care through in 09.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #568 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:24:47 »
Dems held control of the House for 2 years and the Senate for 6 years under Obama.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #569 on: Jun 26, 2018, 10:34:16 »
Ted Kennedy died and was replaced with a Republican in 2010, but the Dem's still held majority.

And I believe three Republicans broke rank to beat the filibuster on ACA.
« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2018, 10:37:58 by Sav0r »
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram