www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72747 times)

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #600 on: Jul 27, 2018, 15:54:33 »
If Cohen had anything of worth to offer, Mueller wouldn't have handed him off to NYC to investigate.

Maybe Mueller wants to head off the possibility of a pardon.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #601 on: Jul 27, 2018, 16:28:48 »
Most of that 4.1% (9.3%) came from the export rush as farmers hurried to get their crops out before the tariffs.  Most economists don't think the 4.1% is sustainable.  Also, 7% came from corporations spending their tax cut which supposedly isn't sustainable either.  I'm no economist, but that seems to be the majority of chatter in the news.

4.1% is likely not sustainable.

Plenty of economists agree that 3%+ is, however. Which is roughly double what it has been since 2014 until recently.

Good write up on it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/07/27/trump-goal-of-3-percent-economic-growth-is-achievable-and-sustainable.html

There is zero reason to believe business spending tax cuts isn't sustainable, as business tax cuts don't sunset. We've got them for good, at least until the Dem's gain control again and raise taxes.

Consumer spending is likely to increase. Unemployment is low, more jobs than people to fill them will lead to higher wages to poach workers, which leads to more spending.

Be interesting to see what gets worked out with the EU and China. They need us more than we need them. We send 5% of our product to China, they send us 20% of theirs. Europe, we could, and would crush them if they are foolish enough to continue on the path they were on until a few days ago. If we end up with mostly free trade, it'll be huge for us. The only thing of note coming to the US from the EU is cars. We tariff their cars, it'll crush them. They know this, and that is why they were so eager to come to the table a couple days ago.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #602 on: Jul 27, 2018, 17:07:51 »
Unemployment is low, more jobs than people to fill them will lead to higher wages to poach workers, which leads to more spending.

Been hearing an interesting take on unemployment- mostly because baby boomers are retiring and it will get even better as more retire.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #603 on: Jul 27, 2018, 17:51:16 »

Been hearing an interesting take on unemployment- mostly because baby boomers are retiring and it will get even better as more retire.
A good many are at that age now, and more and more each year. That'll open up high wage, high skill jobs. My concern, we lack the skilled workers to fill them back.

« Reply #604 on: Jul 27, 2018, 22:54:24 »
Speaking of tax cuts... looks like the deficit is going to balloon at much faster rates than those predicted by those pushing the tax cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/business/trump-corporate-tax-cut-deficit.html
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #605 on: Jul 27, 2018, 23:14:08 »
Speaking of tax cuts... looks like the deficit is going to balloon at much faster rates than those predicted by those pushing the tax cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/25/business/trump-corporate-tax-cut-deficit.html
That's a spending problem. Not a tax problem.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #606 on: Jul 28, 2018, 08:47:17 »
By definition itís both a spending and a revenue problem.

Deficit spending is the amount by which spending exceeds revenue over a particular period of time, also called simply deficit, or budget deficit; the opposite of budget surplus. The term may be applied to the budget of a government, private company, or individual.

Quartely growth at times was over 5% with Obama. Iím not sure why everybody is so pumped when we see Trump in the low 4ís. Especially considering that corporate taxes are now the lowest in the industrial world. We should be out pacing Obama if tax rates are so good for business.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2018, 08:49:00 by Sav0r »
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #607 on: Jul 28, 2018, 10:10:23 »
By definition itís both a spending and a revenue problem.

Quartely growth at times was over 5% with Obama. Iím not sure why everybody is so pumped when we see Trump in the low 4ís. Especially considering that corporate taxes are now the lowest in the industrial world. We should be out pacing Obama if tax rates are so good for business.
One time. While his annual never reached the 3% they're predicting now. So, Obama had 4 quarters north of 4%, and not a one at 3% annually. So, in the long game, we are outpacing Obama.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #608 on: Jul 28, 2018, 13:48:02 »
They are predicting we will out pace it, so we will see. It will be interesting how this helps revenue.
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #609 on: Jul 28, 2018, 13:55:06 »
They are predicting we will out pace it, so we will see. It will be interesting how this helps revenue.

I read some of these articles pertaining to the economy, and they say "conservative economist," or "liberal economist."

There should be no political affiliation on predicting the economy. Numbers are numbers. It's hard to know what to believe, what not to. More or less just see how it ends up when it's over.