www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72482 times)

Online J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #640 on: Aug 01, 2018, 15:22:00 »
Interesting forecast.

On the machinist/metalworking groups I am in, everybody is busy as can be, myself included, and having trouble finding enough qualified people to hire. Two steel mills locally are adding jobs continuously to keep up with demand. Apprenticeship programs are on the rise to get youngsters into the trades.

I'm not necessarily saying they are wrong, but what they are saying, and the current climate in manufacturing don't seem to line up.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #641 on: Aug 01, 2018, 15:27:34 »
I think it's safe to say that we should wait and see. Forecasts being forecasts. That said, it's a little frustrating when Donnie just makes things up.

I know some of the import machine tool equipment I tried to buy got significantly more expensive a few weeks ago. I don't run day in and day out, mostly small scale R&D projects, but it hurt my bottom line, at least it will until I pass it on to the bottom line of my customers.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Online J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #642 on: Aug 01, 2018, 15:30:59 »
On another note; Wage growth has hit a 10 year high, and The Fed didn't raise interest rates today, and upgraded its economic outlook, which will lead to more spending.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2018, 15:41:02 by J-Rod10 »

Online J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #643 on: Aug 01, 2018, 17:17:27 »
On the subject of new steel mills opening; The CEO of NuCor was at Trump's rally thing the other night talking about the new plants they are opening. So, it may make sense that US Steel doesn't know about it. It's a different company.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #644 on: Aug 01, 2018, 18:36:47 »
Trump specifically claimed US Steel was building six plants, I haven't heard of the Nucor plant until googling. Sound like are building one plant in Florida.

Here's the link from the previous page, since you didn't read it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/major-u-s-steel-expansion-touted-by-trump-not-happening/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-spending/us-consumer-spending-rises-wage-growth-slows-in-second-quarter-idUSKBN1KL1SR

wage growth slowed down

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/08/01/federal-reserve-interest-rates-steady-september-hike/873786002/

The Fed said inflation remains near its 2 percent annual target.

The Commerce Department said Tuesday the Fed’s preferred inflation measure edged up just modestly in June after reaching its goal earlier this year. That left unchanged both annual inflation, at 2.2 percent, and a core reading that strips out volatile food and energy items – which the Fed watches more closely – at 1.9 percent.

Still, the Fed expects core inflation to rise to 2.1 percent next year as unemployment continues to fall, pushing up wage growth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2018/08/01/the-finance-202-republicans-crow-about-wage-growth/5b608d3c1b326b0207955e83/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.679adc430667'

The results suggest that an economy firing on most cylinders is still failing to produce the kind of broad-based gains that Republicans have pledged to deliver through a sweeping tax cut and deregulation.

That could change: Some see more meaningful wage gains ahead as whatever slack that remains in the labor market works its way out. Tuesday’s report offered “another sign that the labor markets are tightening and that compensation is going up as employers compete for workers,” says Douglas Holtz-Eakin, president of the American Action Forum.

So wage growth is close to inflation, which doesn't seem too bad, but I'm not sure it's making America great again.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2018, 18:38:33 by Sav0r »
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Online J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #645 on: Aug 01, 2018, 19:48:53 »
Wage growth and inflation are measured in tenths of percentage points. Inflation at 2.2 puts wage growth 6 tenths higher. Not as small as it seems just looking at numbers.

I'll have to look it back up later, but an article I read last night talked about unemployment being likely to drop to 3.5% by end of 2019, and the effect that will have on accelerating wage growth at a much faster rate with added competition for workers.

Online stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #646 on: Aug 01, 2018, 22:34:59 »
Cheepskate!
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Online J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #647 on: Aug 02, 2018, 14:21:22 »
Apple became the first company to reach a $1,000,000,000,000 market valuation this morning.

« Reply #648 on: Aug 02, 2018, 16:53:29 »
Against the pleas of his lawyers, Trump is pushing for an interview with Mueller. Reminds me of the cartoon of Trump playing checkers against Putin playing chess.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

« Reply #649 on: Aug 06, 2018, 21:35:46 »
And in what can only be described as the new normal of the regular news cycle, Steven Seagal was appointed by Russia to smooth over relations with the US (and you know Trump is going to love getting together with that guy), Trump admitted that the hotel meeting was about dirt on Hillary (after denying it for months), and Gates just threw Manafort (farther) under the bus. And in what one can only assume was a misunderstanding of rivers and streams, gravity, and the flow of water, Trump decries how Californians are just throwing water into the ocean.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.