www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 71825 times)

Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #680 on: Aug 23, 2018, 11:39:03 »
Tax evasion and such is one of those things. The federal government, the IRS, didn't know about it. In Manaforts case, for over a decade. How would anyone else?

I did get a laugh out of one of Cohen's charges. Failed to report the $30,000 profit made on a purse he sold online.

I think everyone else knows about it now because it's been in the headlines of newspapers and the lead story on the news. Tax evasion isn't just "one of those things." I pay my taxes and try to reduce what I have to pay, but I don't cheat. And I'm not wealthy; I could use some extra $. Maybe in their world I'm a "sucker." And Manafort was Trump's campaign chairman.

The purse charge is kind of funny. Out of curiosity, what do you think of the other $4 million that he didn't declare, avoiding some $1.4 million in taxes? What do you think about his admission that Stormy Daniels was paid off to avoid influencing the presidential campaign, and that payoff was lied about from Cohen and Trump?
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #681 on: Aug 23, 2018, 12:26:31 »
I meant one of those things, as in nobody knows about it until they do. He got away with it for nearly a decade.

The FBI was investigating him as early as 2014. I didn't know about it then, did you?

Obviously, tax evasion is wrong. As far as what Cohen is saying. Maybe he's telling the truth. Maybe he's trying to save his own ass. If the truth, I'm sure there's some evidence to support it. He was a high powered attorney, he'd of known to hold on to things for a rainy day.

Time shall tell.

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #682 on: Aug 24, 2018, 19:34:04 »
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

« Reply #683 on: Aug 27, 2018, 16:30:58 »
If anyone had any doubts left about how much of a narcissistic, entitled, thin-skinned monster the current occupant of the White House is, I am guessing his behavior in the wake of John McCain's death has put them to rest. Seriously, how shitty can you get? I (likely obviously) didn't agree with a lot of McCain's policies while I lived in AZ, but the man was a war hero and served in the Senate for decades, working across the aisle.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #684 on: Aug 27, 2018, 16:39:00 »
NAFTA struck a fatal, and a much deserved, blow today.

New agreement in place with Mexico. Canada's turn to bend over now.

« Reply #685 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:15:03 »
Kudos for ignoring the elephant in the room.

But before the backslapping starts, the proposed deal hasn't gone through, and Mexico and American industry representatives want Canada at the table. Maybe there will be an improvement in the terms of Nafta, maybe the deal will go through, maybe it won't, but to argue that getting another country to "bend over," as though international trade is a zero-sum game, is... Trumpian, to say the least. International trade thrives on mutual benefit, not zero-sum outlooks.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #686 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:24:13 »
What'd Trump do, in regards to McCain?

« Reply #687 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:30:44 »
Have a look around. It's pretty much expected behavior, but doesn't make it any more petty and shitty.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #688 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:36:16 »
I assume you're talking about the flag.

He followed U.S. Flag Code. Day of death, and day after.

« Reply #689 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:46:09 »
Out of curiosity, can I ask where you source your news?