www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72758 times)

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #690 on: Aug 27, 2018, 17:53:51 »
Out of curiosity, can I ask where you source your news?
Everywhere.

« Reply #691 on: Aug 27, 2018, 18:18:18 »
So I shouldn't have to tell you about Trump's reactions to McCain's death in general and not just the flag, nor the across-the-aisle condemnation of the application of common rules for what most people agree was a particularly uncommon man. Trump, by the way, reversed his order on the flag under pressure from Republicans, leaving you and likely a smattering of other people defending Trump's initial reaction as "US flag code" and ignoring common practice. Not even Trump stood by Trump's order on the flag. You'd also have to have your head in the sand -- or not really be getting your news from everywhere -- to be unaware of the history of slights Trump, a man who dodged the draft because of "bone spurs" but enabled by his wealth and privilege, has levelled at McCain, whose service and sacrifice doesn't need to be repeated here because you already know it.

John McCain, according to Trump, wasn't a war hero. "I like people who weren't captured."

Trump didn't mention John McCain's name until today, under pressure from Republicans and others. He sat stone faced with arms crossed as reporters asked him about McCain.

But hey, some people are gonna justify riding the Trump train no matter how shitty it gets, and refuse to admit how shitty Trump's behavior has been. Pretty amazing.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #692 on: Aug 27, 2018, 18:33:46 »
I didn't defend Trump. Simply stated the flag code was properly observed. It is what it is. Is it typical practice to sign a Presidential Proclamation extending it, most of the time, but not always.

If I didn't like somebody, I probably wouldn't go out of my way, either.

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #693 on: Aug 27, 2018, 19:53:46 »
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #695 on: Aug 28, 2018, 16:06:37 »
The left hated McCain until 1.5 years ago. Much of what is said about Trump, in regards to racism, was said about McCain. The first time he spoke in opposition of Trump, he became beloved by all (the left).

« Reply #696 on: Aug 28, 2018, 16:46:19 »
I didn't defend Trump. Simply stated the flag code was properly observed.

Forgive me, but this disingenuous equivocating, and you know it.

The left hated McCain until 1.5 years ago. Much of what is said about Trump, in regards to racism, was said about McCain. The first time he spoke in opposition of Trump, he became beloved by all (the left).

As I stated earlier, I disagreed with most of McCain's policies, and didn't think much of his behavior as well. That doesn't preclude granting respect to someone after his death based on his personal history.

McCain also certainly had issues with race, but nowhere near the level of Trump. McCain once publicly scolded a woman who said she couldn't trust Obama because he was an Arab; I can't imagine Trump doing the same.

If you're going to throw away any previous convictions or sensible thinking and refuse to think critically about Trump, or god forbid criticize him, just own it.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #697 on: Aug 28, 2018, 17:52:05 »
Maybe I am incorrectly remembering him calling folks of a certain race, a term akin to the N word here, publicly. Refusing to apologize, and stating he would continue to call them that " 'Til the day I die." Didn't he also call his wife the big C, also publicly?

« Reply #698 on: Aug 28, 2018, 18:21:19 »
Maybe I am incorrectly remembering him calling folks of a certain race, a term akin to the N word here, publicly. Refusing to apologize, and stating he would continue to call them that " 'Til the day I die." Didn't he also call his wife the big C, also publicly?

He certainly did call his wife a cunt, by all accounts. Not racism, but nasty nonetheless. And he referred to his captors in North Vietnam as gooks, and said he would continue to refer to them until the day he died. Both absolutely shameful. I guess after five years or so of brutal torture at the hands of North Vietnamese captives, one can imagine not letting that go, which doesn't make it right. Was he referring to all Vietnamese? I don't think so, but you tell me. I for one am not going to play the who's-more-racist game with you. I'm just a little puzzled at your inability to criticize Trump for some seriously awful behavior and decisions.

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #699 on: Aug 29, 2018, 18:22:24 »
and the circus continues ...
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.