www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 71815 times)

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #760 on: Oct 01, 2018, 16:59:48 »
What does she have to gain from it?

Round about $600K as of the other day, and more than likely a book deal whether he gets in or not.

« Reply #761 on: Oct 01, 2018, 17:08:58 »
What does she have to gain from it?

Round about $600K as of the other day, and more than likely a book deal whether he gets in or not.

I actually didn't know about the gofundme until now -- but are you arguing that she presented testimony and started this process weeks ago because she foresaw that people would create a gofundme for her? Seems to me it was created after the fact, in order to help with her expenses -- getting her to the hearing, hiring security and lawyers, relocating. What are your odds that anything over her significant expenses will be donated to victims of sexual abuse?
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #762 on: Oct 01, 2018, 17:58:26 »
No, I don't think she did it for the money. But to say there is nothing to gain, at this point, isn't true.

I think she came forward with the understanding that she would remain anonymous, with a claim that can't be corroborated, and the Dems played her like a fiddle.

I think it sets a dangerous precedent when someone making a claim disqualifies you from doing whatever, with no proof that it's true.

This will be a tool used by both sides from this point forward.

Which, I think, is mostly my problem with it. It's he said she said. There's no way around that. The problem, is the left sitting on it for months. As soon as the claim was made, the decision to investigate it could have been made, and he either cleared, or not. Instead, the decision was made to sit on it until the last minute, and use it as a partisan tool to try to stall the confirmation until after mid-terms.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2018, 18:14:39 by J-Rod10 »

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #763 on: Oct 01, 2018, 19:06:14 »
Can we all agree that term limits for Judges should be a thing?

This politicized bullshit is out of control.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #764 on: Oct 01, 2018, 19:11:01 »
Can we all agree that term limits for Judges should be a thing?

This politicized bullshit is out of control.
Absolutely.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #765 on: Oct 01, 2018, 19:52:35 »
Absolutely.

Beautiful.

Let's bring back democracy. Fuck this shit.

I was out getting pizza for lunch the other day, I was on the road for my day job and trying out a local place that is highly recommended, when I sat down they had Fox on one TV and CNN on the other. I asked them to turn it off or to change the channels/TV's to something non political (I was the only person there, it was 11am, I started at 5am). The waitress kindly obliged. 15 minutes later, the local station she picked was showing the same feed as either CNN or Fox (with their own commentary). When the waitress noticed she apologized and changed the channel again. 15 minutes later, the new channel was showing to the same feed as the "news" channels. The waitress again apologized. I told her that it's not her fault and thanked her for being vigilant.

Fuck cable TV, fuck advertisement based news media, fuck news media, and fuck the dumbasses who pay for all that shit.

/rant
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

« Reply #766 on: Oct 01, 2018, 22:08:35 »
No, I don't think she did it for the money. But to say there is nothing to gain, at this point, isn't true.

I think she came forward with the understanding that she would remain anonymous, with a claim that can't be corroborated, and the Dems played her like a fiddle.

I think it sets a dangerous precedent when someone making a claim disqualifies you from doing whatever, with no proof that it's true.

This will be a tool used by both sides from this point forward.

Which, I think, is mostly my problem with it. It's he said she said. There's no way around that. The problem, is the left sitting on it for months. As soon as the claim was made, the decision to investigate it could have been made, and he either cleared, or not. Instead, the decision was made to sit on it until the last minute, and use it as a partisan tool to try to stall the confirmation until after mid-terms.

But that does take away the argument that she did it for money.

You also realize that she came forward prior to his nomination, right? When he was shortlisted. She essentially tried to prevent his nomination by stating her case. If there was a capable administration, someone would have listened and they could have avoided this altogether by nominating someone who they knew would have sexual assault allegations leveled against him. So your arguing that they could have investigated when the claim was made is valid, except it was before he was nominated. Your argument that the dems held onto it until the last minute simply isn't true either.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

« Reply #767 on: Oct 01, 2018, 22:10:30 »
Let's bring back democracy. Fuck this shit.

Fuck cable TV, fuck advertisement based news media, fuck news media, and fuck the dumbasses who pay for all that shit.

/rant

While I sympathize with the sentiment, especially given today's environment, you can't have democracy without the media. The key is being a smart reader (not watcher).

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #768 on: Oct 01, 2018, 22:40:13 »
The Dems holding on to it until the last minute simply isn't true?

Feinstein and one other were given the info in July (after the nomination). It was only made mention of publicly a couple weeks ago after one of the two leaked it to the press.

« Reply #769 on: Oct 01, 2018, 23:21:26 »
The Dems holding on to it until the last minute simply isn't true?

Feinstein and one other were given the info in July (after the nomination). It was only made mention of publicly a couple weeks ago after one of the two leaked it to the press.

The Washington Post was sent the allegations in early July and passed the info on to people in the admininstration, prior to the announcement of his nomination, prior to Feinstein receiving it, but after he was shortlisted. They ignored it.