www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72880 times)

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #860 on: Oct 31, 2018, 13:55:06 »
Itís a total last ditch effort in front of the coming election. A complete show.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #861 on: Oct 31, 2018, 18:56:06 »
People can say it's a show. The timing of it certainly plays into the mid-terms, no doubt. Also one of the main things he campaigned with. Cutting back illegal immigration.

I'm somewhat curious as to the number of anchor babies (for lack of a better term) that vote in each election. It would take 18 years to have an effect, but it would be an everlasting one if the SC ruled that you do not get automatic citizenship if your parent or parents are illegal.

« Reply #862 on: Oct 31, 2018, 22:48:49 »
People can say it's a show. The timing of it certainly plays into the mid-terms, no doubt. Also one of the main things he campaigned with. Cutting back illegal immigration.

I'm somewhat curious as to the number of anchor babies (for lack of a better term) that vote in each election. It would take 18 years to have an effect, but it would be an everlasting one if the SC ruled that you do not get automatic citizenship if your parent or parents are illegal.

There's a lot to unpack here. Weren't you just griping about the timing of the Kavanaugh sexual assault accusations? "People can say it's a show." This whole administration and its actions feel like one big reality TV show, don't they?

Isn't the usual Republican position, the usual conservative position, against "activist" judges who try to reinterpret constitutional precedent? Or does that not count if it favors a Republican political position?

Are you calling your fellow citizens "anchor babies"? The term has been discredited as dehumanizing, and rightly so, and I bet you can find a term (how about "babies"? And when you're talking about a person, use "who" not "that" if you want to recognize their humanity).

And you're talking about repealing or reinterpreting standard constitutional law through an executive order because you're concerned over what kind of electoral effects it might have? This belies an assumption that immigrants vote a certain way, which isn't true, but do you think it could be because of one party's policies?

Do you think that disenfranchising as many people as possible, including children born to immigrants, is the best thing for the US? Or the best thing for the Republican party?

"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #863 on: Nov 01, 2018, 00:17:54 »
It's obviously a show.

It's not only unconstitutional it's flat out dumb.

Make whatever claims you want as far as anchor babies, Trump doesn't care, it's a marketing tactic based on the lack of feasibility of the executive order.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #864 on: Nov 01, 2018, 06:24:40 »
There's a lot to unpack here. Weren't you just griping about the timing of the Kavanaugh sexual assault accusations? "People can say it's a show." This whole administration and its actions feel like one big reality TV show, don't they?

Isn't the usual Republican position, the usual conservative position, against "activist" judges who try to reinterpret constitutional precedent? Or does that not count if it favors a Republican political position?

Are you calling your fellow citizens "anchor babies"? The term has been discredited as dehumanizing, and rightly so, and I bet you can find a term (how about "babies"? And when you're talking about a person, use "who" not "that" if you want to recognize their humanity).

And you're talking about repealing or reinterpreting standard constitutional law through an executive order because you're concerned over what kind of electoral effects it might have? This belies an assumption that immigrants vote a certain way, which isn't true, but do you think it could be because of one party's policies?

Do you think that disenfranchising as many people as possible, including children born to immigrants, is the best thing for the US? Or the best thing for the Republican party?
That's sort of what the Supreme Court does, interpret constitutional precedent.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #865 on: Nov 01, 2018, 11:05:17 »
Oddly enough, I agree with Chump that pregnant women flying in to deliver a baby and then flying home should not be allowed.  That doesn't seem right.  And that's what he plays on.  There's enough in what he says for many people to agree with part of what he says to miss the fact that all it is is a stunt to get his people out to vote.  He knows that he can't do what he said and if he did it would be challenged in court and thrown out. 

Facts do not matter - only the show.  It is indeed a reality TV show because that's all he knows.  He has never run a large business of any sort and has no idea how to manage let alone lead.  But he does know how to sell fear.

15,000 troops to the border to stop the invasion.  What a lot of nonsense.  Of course the border needs to be guarded and that's why there are something like 100,000 border control guards down there.  This is just another stunt to whip up fear.  I have heard people crapping on about the alien invasion and the gangs that are about to overrun the country funded by Democrats. What a crock. Caravans of aliens come most years and they can be managed.  They are not an invasion and they will not take over the country.
That part alludes to the fear that some on the right have that as demographics change, old white guys may become the minority and they might lose that death grip on power. 

That's also why we have big tax cuts for the rich to keep poor people poor.  Wealth redistribution upwards is not an accident.  It is by design. And how do tax cuts get paid for?  By decimating welfare programs.  The math is simple. And so is the economic theory.   

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #866 on: Nov 01, 2018, 11:22:19 »
The U.S. had like 350k immigrants last year.

Even if the caravan is 4k people, that's only a few percentage points of the annual immigration.

The caravan is b.s., anybody who managed a C in 7th grade mathematics knows this assuming they aren't reacting emotionally.
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #867 on: Nov 01, 2018, 13:24:30 »
Saw some stats on births from illegal immigrants yearly.

Something like 297,000 a year born to illegal immigrants. More than 14 states combined. More than 48 states each. Only Texas and California top that.

« Reply #868 on: Nov 01, 2018, 13:41:18 »
Trump sent 5000, not 15,000, troops to the border. Which is still hilarious in all sorts of ways. The immigrants, who will be applying for asylum (not, what -- rushing the border?), won't reach the border for weeks (that's after the midterms, BTW), and will be a drop in the bucket in terms of numbers of immigrants per year in the US as SavOr points out. It's clearly to please his xenophobic base. It's also about the same amount of soldiers that the US sent to Syria to fight ISIS. And it's going to cost a lot of money.

So, immigrants. The right fears them. We know that factually speaking they commit fewer crimes than citizens born here. And they contribute tremendously to the economy, including many who perform jobs most Americans wouldn't do for the wages, and many who have skills most Americans don't who contribute to American companies.

What is the right scared of again? I mean aside from the sizeable lobby that fears brown skin. If the right didn't so aggressively pander to racists and xenophobes right now, I am sure they would be getting more Hispanic votes due to their positions on social issues.

And Republicans -- you're anti-Semitism is showing. Fox is constantly blasting George Soros, including claiming that he is somehow responsible for organizing these refugees. WTF. Idiots eat it up and believe it.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #869 on: Nov 01, 2018, 14:12:31 »
Trump did say it could be up to 15,000.

They're going to support border patrol logistically.

Do they get paid extra while remaining in the US, or do they get paid the same as they would be paid for the month?