www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 72487 times)

Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #880 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:36:42 »
It is a drop in the bucket, compared to the yearly numbers.

They typically see 80-120 a day. Last week, they were up to 500 a day, and overwhelmed at that number. When 4,000+ arrive at the same time, well, it won't get any better.

Trevor Noah made a good point the other day. If they are applying for asylum, why not send lawyers and judges to facilitate it?

Glad you don't want to argue whether Trump is racist. I thought that was a settled question.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #881 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:52:28 »
Can lawyers logistically support an overwhelmed Border Patrol?

« Reply #882 on: Nov 05, 2018, 12:59:39 »
Can lawyers logistically support an overwhelmed Border Patrol?

Let's not get carried away. I don't think the refugees are going to "overwhelm" the border patrol in the sense of rushing the border. How would they overwhelm them? In the sense of a huge line of people applying for asylum at once, which could be helped by immigration lawyers and judges processing applications on the spot.

I was recently in San Luis, Sonora, for a wedding. There was a line of immigrants for a few weeks at the border, applying for asylum. Most had to wait in a line on the Mexican side of the fence as their applications were being handled slowly. More capacity for handling the applications would lessen their wait time. There were still a few left when I walked across, and they were relying on donations from people passing by and crossing the border.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #883 on: Nov 05, 2018, 14:00:54 »
This isn't even the first caravan to arrive at the border. They have handled this before.

Immigration is at some of the lowest it has been in 40 years, even with the caravan this remains true.

This is a non issue. A big old nothing burger.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline TranceMachineVienna

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #884 on: Nov 06, 2018, 05:06:25 »
Let's not get carried away. I don't think the refugees are going to "overwhelm" the border patrol in the sense of rushing the border. How would they overwhelm them? In the sense of a huge line of people applying for asylum at once, which could be helped by immigration lawyers and judges processing applications on the spot.

I was recently in San Luis, Sonora, for a wedding. There was a line of immigrants for a few weeks at the border, applying for asylum. Most had to wait in a line on the Mexican side of the fence as their applications were being handled slowly. More capacity for handling the applications would lessen their wait time. There were still a few left when I walked across, and they were relying on donations from people passing by and crossing the border.

Not really been following this thread but I just wanted you guys to know about the refugee situation we had a few years back when the main wave came.
I´m from Austria so we were on the direct path from the refugees coming from Hungary.
There was a terrible incident in 2015, where a cooling car was found on the autobahn, with 71 dead refugees inside (near Parndorf Austria).
There is a huge industry of smugglers making a lot of money bringing people illegally to the EU.
This whole thing totally spun out of control.
Now there is zero media coverage over the Syrian war or anything.Like it never happened.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #885 on: Nov 06, 2018, 14:17:28 »
We don’t have to worry about that here because it happens all the time.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #886 on: Nov 06, 2018, 14:27:06 »
Being a coyote is big business here.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #887 on: Nov 06, 2018, 16:07:28 »
One small issue we tend to forget is that if a person wishes to request asylum to live in the US, they cannot apply from their home country.  They have to arrive in the US to do so. 

They can arrive by plane or ship or car or on foot, but they have to present themselves to Immigration authorities and formally request Asylum status.

And more judges and lawyers would make that process easier on the system as well as on asylum seekers.

Sessions is dead wrong to suggest that it's OK to deport asylum seekers because they broke the law entering the country.  If they present themselves to an Immigration official and request asylum, they have broken no laws.

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #888 on: Nov 07, 2018, 16:47:52 »
Sessions out. Let’s cover up that investigation. 

Probably the best comment I have seen, “and the rats turn on themselves.”

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018, 16:49:37 by Sav0r »
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #889 on: Nov 07, 2018, 17:03:18 »
Whispers that Rosenstein is out too.

Oooof.

Also, the Dow up 250. Hahaha thanks Trump.
Sav0r the adventure.

Instagram