www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Project CB350F cafe brat  (Read 6887 times)

Offline stubsryan

Re: Project CB350F cafe brat
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2017, 10:43:41 »
Hey, I bought that same seat. Can I ask how you plan on fitting it up to the tank? I think I'm going to cut into the white plastic base so that the tank mount doesn't prevent it from snugging up. No matter how you place it, it's got that wicked gap. Your thoughts?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing man. Hopefully I don't butcher the seat but I can't think of another option. It should work

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2017, 17:54:02 »

Finally got some piston rings from japan. Hopefully get the engine top end back on soon. Then drop the sump and check the bearings and a general clean and check. Then a soda blast and paint.

Offline Odontologist

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Umina Beach, Australia....Where does that part go?
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2017, 15:50:51 »
So you went with $100 option? I would have done same. Keep it up. I'm  in.
Run out of zip ties? Dental floss is an excellent alternative.

1982 Honda CX500 Roadster build

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2018, 08:56:08 »
Summer has been busy with air conditioning and freezers but we just hit autumn so Iím getting back into the bike

Offline WhyNot

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:11:48 »
What are you doing with the forks........i just had mine off and they seem to be fine.

Hopefully have mine rolling again today.
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted (being lazy)
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda SL350K2 Frame for above engine
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild
1984 Dodge D50 Beater DD since 1997

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:12:37 »
Decided to mock up a bit of the bike yesterday. The back rim is the wrong one. So I wanted to change the tank rubber mount locations so the tanks underneath edge runs parallel with the seat. Currently the front dips way down because itís not a Cb350f tank. The tank Iím using came with a cb360 I got but I feel it might even be a cb250 tank maybe. So the next job is to cut and weld the tabs, fasten the tank and move down the bike to the seat. Thatís a bit Iím not real sure about yet. Iím wondering if I should make a seat pan that is hinged so I can easily open the seat or not bother. See, I have the side covers which will be removable and obviously that will give me access to the battery and electrics. So once I work out the seat I will move on to the back loop I need to weld. Then I need to work out the back mud guard so it passes the annoying Australian motorbike laws. All easier said than done 🤦‍♂️

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:17:01 »
What are you doing with the forks........i just had mine off and they seem to be fine.

Hopefully have mine rolling again today.
I wasnít going to do anything With the forks BUT I just noticed oil coming from one of the seals. I figure thatís not normal so will need to look at that. Do also have a spare set that I may paint to save some money OR I redo the set. I havenít read anything up about it yet so I almost have no idea at this stage. Will sus it soon

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:18:50 »
So you went with $100 option? I would have done same. Keep it up. I'm  in.
Yeah mate, hopefully itís all good. I did snap 1 ring putting them on so I had to use an old ring which sucks.

Offline farmer92

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2018, 10:20:05 »
Yeah mate, hopefully itís all good. I did snap 1 ring putting them on so I had to use an old ring which sucks.

Hopefully you used the sane ring that was in that location initially. Once rings have seated, they wonít function all that well if you switch them around.

Did you give the cylinders a good hone before putting the new rings in? If not, you can always use my patented poor manís hone.

Did you get the circlip out of the bottom end? Best to stuff some shop rags around the con rods when the cylinders come off so nothing gets down there.

Keep at it

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2018, 10:54:21 »
Hopefully you used the sane ring that was in that location initially. Once rings have seated, they wonít function all that well if you switch them around.

Did you give the cylinders a good hone before putting the new rings in? If not, you can always use my patented poor manís hone.

Did you get the circlip out of the bottom end? Best to stuff some shop rags around the con rods when the cylinders come off so nothing gets down there.

Keep at it
Not sure what piston it was from. 1 in 4 chance I guess. Even then, it probably depends where the gaps are lined up with, donít know.
Yep the boars got honed.
Will keep that in mind about the rags for next time, I think I had been drinking while doing that part 🤦‍♂️still need to open the bottom up to get the steel that fell in. Will be doing that kinda soon now that work has slowed up a bit. Cheers mate 🤙