www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Project CB350F cafe brat  (Read 5015 times)

Offline stubsryan

Re: Project CB350F cafe brat
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2018, 07:23:41 »
Probably going to order these grips. They look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2018, 11:26:48 »
Also deciding about the electrics. Moto gadget looks really good but is really expensive. Iím thinking eastern beaver pc-8. I like the neat form factor of the fuse box for a half reasonable price. Has anyone got any suggestions for some other setup?

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

Offline The Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:07 »
Man, love those grips.  I ended up using tennis racquet leather grips on my old V Star but these look much better.  Thanks for the posting - got these beauties bookmarked  8)
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Online farmer92

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2018, 14:09:28 »

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 09:05:41 »
Fb-11 looks good. Itís nearly double the price of pc-8 though. The fault indication ledís are good, especially with a clear box. Probably will go the pc-8 I think. Cheers though. Iím not sure what size start relay I need. Maybe I will tong test the start motor to see what sort of current it pulls. Iím thinking a 30 amp relay would be ok or can go a 50 amp for an extra $30. No point spending the extra if I donít need it

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2018, 12:51:40 »
Also deciding about the electrics. Moto gadget looks really good but is really expensive. I’m thinking eastern beaver pc-8. I like the neat form factor of the fuse box for a half reasonable price. Has anyone got any suggestions for some other setup?

https://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Wiring_Kits/Fuseboxes/PC-8/pc-8.html

That's what I used on a couple of custom bikes.  Great product for a simple wiring set up.  I think the Spark Moto unit may also includes relays on the board but check with Matt (Sonrier on this forum) to be sure.

Automotive relays are cheap.  Buy waterproof connectors and relays from Sonrier or Eastern Beaver.

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2018, 11:54:22 »
Iím mostly soldering and heat shrinking as many joins as I can I think.

So I got the carbies done. Engine is in, carbies are on. Pamco ignition is on. Going to try start the old girl this week. If that all goes well, itís all coming back out of the bike for paint. See I needed it in position to finalise the cutting and welding. Lucky beCause my original box of magic was missing a few important bits that I need to make up now. Front engine mount, throttle cable guide, rear engine spacer and bolt. Also trying up the wheels, that sucks! I have spent hours on that! Like heaps of hours. Itís all part of the fun right?, right? Yeah well it beats just paying for it to be done, thatís cheating. Will get some photos and maybe a video through of the bike spluttering with no exhaust! Iím missing more bits! The exhaust collars, will order on eBay soon I think

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 12:19:01 »
Can you post videos on this app? I canít work it out. I want to show you lads the video of the engine running. So it starts and runs. Bogs down and stalls under acceleration but thatís because the exhaust isnít on or it tuned properly. Still stoked it starts tho. Will be pulling out this week and sandblasting the engine now I know itís ok. Actually heard some squealing from the alternator side but I donít know what to think. Train of thought is to run with it at the moment and see what happens. I couldnít hear it running, only when it was turning over. Could be an issue. Anyway, things are starting to happen, stay tuned