www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Project CB350F cafe brat  (Read 7943 times)

Offline stubsryan

Re: Project CB350F cafe brat
« Reply #50 on: Mar 25, 2018, 02:39:17 »
Haha and this is what I get when its level 🤦‍♂️ obviously that wonít be happening.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #51 on: Mar 25, 2018, 02:42:46 »
There must be a way but I havenít worked it out. One option is to go with the first picture. Grind the bottom of the tank line till I get the level I want and then tig weld it. If I go to that effort I will get rid of the curve at the back of the tank as per this photo

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #52 on: Mar 25, 2018, 03:14:13 »
And this is what I have come up with. Not sure if the front of the tank is too high? Otherwise I find a tank that has the same shape but is smaller. Not sure. Annoying as I have three tanks and none fit

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #53 on: Mar 28, 2018, 03:29:16 »
Progress shot. Tank is in place, hoop welded but not cleaned, seat altered but not fixed and new shocks

Offline Luugo86

• '73 CB350, '78 XS650 Cafe Killer
    • ToadStool Cycle Co.
« Reply #54 on: Mar 28, 2018, 04:44:44 »
 Hey man, do you have any progress photos of where you cut the frame in the rear, and how u fit/welded up the frame slugs and the hoop? I'm about to do the same thing on a CB350, I don't see it being difficult but any advice/photos from someone who has already done it would be welcome.
Live to Die, Die to Live

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #55 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:03:13 »
Hey man, do you have any progress photos of where you cut the frame in the rear, and how u fit/welded up the frame slugs and the hoop? I'm about to do the same thing on a CB350, I don't see it being difficult but any advice/photos from someone who has already done it would be welcome.

Here's a pretty detailed video of it done really nicely. On a 550 I believe:

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #56 on: Mar 28, 2018, 20:46:54 »
Had a quick look at that video. Yeah that should help you. Iím fasting the seat a little differently so I can easily remove it if I ever want to. It will have flat bar bolted to the bottom of the seat. So this will sit down and in a locating grove in the rear where it wonít move and the front flat bar will sit on another aligning flat bar but it will also have adjustable latches to hold it down and tight into place. These latches will be hidden behind the side covers. I will post photos when I do it so people can look closely at my shitty tig welding skills ‍♂️

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #57 on: Mar 29, 2018, 04:38:46 »
Sounds cool, looking forward to seeing that solution. Most just go with bolting the seat on, but making it come off in a nice way is so much more elegant.

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #58 on: Apr 03, 2018, 10:15:22 »
Carbs are clean. Mixture screw was suck so I used an easy out which was a pain in the arse. Putting them back together now. New spokes are ordered. $150 from China. 304 stainless. Hopefully they fit. Will get to the seat next unless some valve bolts rock up from the UK.

Offline stubsryan

« Reply #59 on: Apr 04, 2018, 08:46:51 »
What a fucked process! Iím still at it. At least, the carbs will be clean, new everything and hopefully a worry free starting and running experience. I donít know how you guys out there get a rebuild done with a missus and kids. This project has taken god knows how many hours and Iím probably only half way! Fark! Oh well, beats watching the lefty project here is Australia. Peace ✌️