www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: "the Mooch"  (Read 31312 times)

Offline spotty

• Vmax...why,yes i think i will
    • spottys world of vmax (and great danes)
Re: "the Mooch"
« Reply #830 on: Oct 18, 2018, 23:18:06 »
they're all native americans ?
short fast loud, three things punk rock and vmaxs have in common

south of the border, down melbourne way

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #831 on: Oct 19, 2018, 00:17:41 »
they're all native americans ?

Close!

But not there.
“Ride like the Wind” W.H.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #832 on: Oct 19, 2018, 11:29:24 »
Trump is making moves to pull us out of an international postal deal.

I dig it. China pays roughly $0.20 on the dollar to ship stuff here. It costs me $72 to ship a box over there. They sell something for $0.99, and ship it for free, and the government subsidizes their shipping on it.

Imo, this is how you hurt China, more-so than the tariffs. Make it to where the government can't afford to subsidize their shipping.

I know a guy, who is in RV refrigeration. He has started buying his units from China. $73 and some change built and shipped to his door, per unit. When he ships them to shops all over the US, over $100 in shipping per.

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #833 on: Today at 01:40:19 »
That is spot on.  Shipping from China is ridiculously cheap .  I like it when I am buying titanium bolts and electronic but it makes absolutely no sense.

In reality though that leaves me with too choices if/when that postage charge rises.  I will be able to pay more for things to no advantage to the US economy or I can do without because they are just not available at any price. So again that helps me to stop spending on things I can't afford but doesn't help the US economy.  For example I can buy folding footpegs for next to nothing from China but from a US supplier they are many times more expensive, so a small increase for freight is a small penalty for me to spend more on Chinese products so I end up wit less cash to spend locally.

Or I decide the old footpegs I have in a box under the bench are good enough and I have a little more cash to save or spend locally.  Glad I'm not an economist trying to work out the impact of these things.  Mind you, the economists I know that used to work that stuff out no longer work for this administration because Trump wasn't interested in facts.  It's an odd world we live in.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #834 on: Today at 11:58:27 »
What's the flip side of that, though? Just keep letting China bend us over, because they were allowed to start?

I understand there will be some pain involved for some, but, do you trade some short term pain for the betterment of the US, or not?

I lean towards doing so.
« Last Edit: Today at 14:09:55 by J-Rod10 »

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
« Reply #835 on: Today at 15:17:25 »
The postal situation certainly does need sorting.

Just from an environmental standpoint it's preposterous, then factor in the economic side and it's just plain stupid.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram