www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build  (Read 52792 times)

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Re: FRANKENHONDA II the 1982 DOHC CB 750F2 Build
« Reply #540 on: Nov 04, 2018, 23:45:41 »
It 's looking very nice.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline hooligan998

« Reply #541 on: Nov 05, 2018, 00:48:53 »
Very nice indeed!

Offline LMCol

« Reply #542 on: Nov 05, 2018, 04:51:35 »
That rear end looks so slick!

Offline cb250nproject

• If you can make it better do so
« Reply #543 on: Nov 06, 2018, 01:59:45 »
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. So I stripped the frame right down and took it to the old mans.

Itís amazing what a difference having all the right tools make. I wasnít happy with my previous attempt at the rear brake switch bracket so I thought Iíd have another go this time using dads drill press and bench grinder.

No one will ever see it except me, but the devil is in the detail after all.

Next the rear brake pistons wouldnít budge do we had to pump grease into the caliper to release them worked a charm. Sorry no photos my hands were covered in grease.

So the frame with get water blasted then powder coated satin black

Iím debating whether or not to powder coat the rear brake caliper satin black or the same colour gold as the rims.

Unfortunately the engine work and frame work will al be ready after Iíve already flown out for work so it will be six weeks before I can put it together but I should pretty much have most of the stuff done so I can put her all back together once I get home around Xmas would love to have her running by mid jan that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #544 on: Today at 02:41:10 »
Well I painted up the battery tray and reinstalled the electrics.

The old man welded up a better bracket for the coils that will allow the tank to sit properly and also wonít break itís a much thicker gauge of plate.

Hopefully whilst Iím at work all of the engine work and powder coating get done. Then over Xmas it will be assembling.

Iím thinking Iíll hold off on the steering damper as a friend of mine has just done the same mod and said it was much better than original. That said his rear shocks were taller than mine which probably changed his steering geometry for the better mine sits fairly low, so Iím unsure what impact that will have

first cafe build was an incomplete learning experience, more of a test run for the real thing FRANKENHONDA II

Online 5ivemoto

• DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #545 on: Today at 09:26:08 »
Tidy. Very nice

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #546 on: Today at 13:54:31 »
Looking good.

I'm in a bit late on this one, but you're not using the stock charging system, right?

Also, you can skip one of the ground cables on the M-Unit, if you wanted to save a bit more wiring space. Only one of them is needed.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Cafť SOS - Stage Oneô, Cafť SOS - Stage Twoô
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline LightsOut

« Reply #547 on: Today at 16:04:42 »
This is really starting to come together! Nice work.

Offline cb250nproject

« Reply #548 on: Today at 17:28:14 »
Looking good.

I'm in a bit late on this one, but you're not using the stock charging system, right?

Also, you can skip one of the ground cables on the M-Unit, if you wanted to save a bit more wiring space. Only one of them is needed.

No Iím using a cycle x upgrade, I think that extra black wire that looks like an earth is the wires for the LED tail light set up. I need to keep some length on it as the light will be housed within the tail section,but the wire will feed into the tray. So when I seperate the two Iíll need some wiggle room.