www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 3DogNate's '05 H-D Sportster Scrambler build - AKA "Project Dual-Sportster"  (Read 16381 times)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
So I finally was able to pickup my engine covers from the Powder Coater yesterday. Now that I'm back on track... i'll work on getting the motor back together, exhaust mounted and onto the body work.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Gorgeous color bud.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey don't forget to vote for Rachels 400 BOTM.   :)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey don't forget to vote for Rachels 400 BOTM.   :)
Done

Offline killerx

Those cases look awesome!
05 Victory Hammer(110hp 115tq @ the wheel)

73 Honda Cl350(Haven't decided what to do with it) SOLD

75 Suzuki GT380

Too much of everything is just enough.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I got out and started getting the motor back together today...
Here I have the heads and push rod tubes installed and torqued down.

Rocker boxes installed

Rocker box covers installed.

Next up I'll get the covers on tomorrow... now off to the movies with a hot blonde.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Got the right side mostly together today. Getting excited... now onto the left side and then the exhaust.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
I'm learning about these bikes while I work on my first one.  How do you deal with the crankcase breather since you're not using the hollow bolts to mount your air cleaner bracket?  I just forked out $45 for two of those bolts, but I'm curious if there was an option I missed.  Forums talk about rocker box breathers, but I'm not sure I have that option.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I'm learning about these bikes while I work on my first one.  How do you deal with the crankcase breather since you're not using the hollow bolts to mount your air cleaner bracket?  I just forked out $45 for two of those bolts, but I'm curious if there was an option I missed.  Forums talk about rocker box breathers, but I'm not sure I have that option.

The bolts are gun drilled and vented below the head and there's a pathway into the carb inlet... so it's as you'd expect, it's just hidden well.

You can see in this diagram how it's put together... (these intakes are CHEAP and built really well.)

You need a lathe, best investment I ever made. paid for itself many times over.... I'd drilled off the shelf bolts myself before forking out moolah like that on specialty bolts. Sportster parts are all over ebay and aftermarket... post wanted ads on HDforums and even CL or Facebook market place... not hard to find what you need.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
I have a lathe, but for some reason I bought the bolts off the shelf.  I wasn't sure if there was something I was missing in how it all worked.