www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 3DogNate's '05 H-D Sportster Scrambler build - AKA "Project Dual-Sportster"  (Read 14342 times)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
I needed a spare set of hands to install the exhaust, so my buddy George came over today and helped me out. I might need to add some spacers to move the exhaust tip out a little but I won't know for sure until I get the weight back down on the rear wheel... anyway here's how it looks with the pipes.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Continues to look great, love the exhaust.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Rad. I am on board.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Got the primary side put back together today... I think I'll need to shorten the clutch cable a couple of inches... it's okay but could be a smidgen tidier. So far this bike has been an absolute pleasure to work on mechanically speaking.

• DTT SUPPORTER
Looks so sanitary, fantastic!
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I did a swap of the original chrome kickstand for a 1" longer black one to keep the thing from leaning over too far with the extra lift from the longer shocks. I did pick my paint color and have it on order. I am going with a Jeep Sunburst Orange... I'll probably work in a graphic of some kind, I'll think about it while I'm drunk in Mexico next week. Hopefully the weather will warm up enough for me to paint soon... that's all that is left besides some final assembly and tail light wiring.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Now I'm finally onto the pretty bits and onto prepping for paint... I had a few extra holes in the rear fender to weld up so I knocked that out tonight.

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I managed to get all the body work done and get the thin into primer. I'm going to give everything a final sanding and get a sealer coat on things this week with the anticipation of getting some color laid down this coming weekend. I'll probably paint it in two sessions, fenders then tank and side covers... or maybe just the tank separately form everything else.

Offline Maritime

• DTT SUPPORTER
Wow, how have I not seen this before now. Can;t wait to see the paint work!
The GL Rebirth: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=68337.0
CX500 Low budget Bobber : http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43617.0
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer" -Henry Lawson
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

• DTT SUPPORTER
Your bike is looking fantastic!