www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 3DogNate's '05 H-D Sportster Scrambler build - AKA "Project Dual-Sportster"  (Read 17953 times)

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
I really do enjoy this scoot, man!
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • "You Meet the Nicest People on a Honda"
I really do enjoy this scoot, man!

Thanks.. it's not quite 100% done yet... I really want to add a skid plate, front fender extension and a set of SW Motech SLC carriers, a left side bag, and a pair of Dry-Spec tubes on the right side for a fuel bottle and tool-kit (or two fuel bottles). the Sportster carriers are out of stock, I've got an email in to Twisted Throttle to get a lead time on refreshed stock. This bike will be a legit dual sport bike with some ability to carry some cargo and stuff.

Need to do a little carb tuning, I'm running a 46 pilot jet and I'm getting no adjustment on the mix screw. It runs well enough as is, but I'd rather bump it to a 48 pilot and get some adjust-ability in there. I have new pilots on the way...

(I'm also always flipping back-and-forth on do I spend bike funds on the sporty or the Road Glide)

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I knocked out quick skid plate out of some aluminum diamond plate after work today. I may or may not powder it... not decided.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
My .02.  Do the powder, same color as the heads.
--

YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
KZ400 The Rabbit
KLR650, 73 Norton Commando, my 93" shovelhead chop, an 86' FXR, and an F9 Bighorn
more YZF750R's, more KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the ever unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
My .02.  Do the powder, same color as the heads.

The heads are black with edge cut fins....

Do you mean Charcoal like the the rocker boxes? or Bronze like the Rocker Box covers? (The rocker box is separate from the head on an Evo motor.)

Offline Brodie

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
My vote is for bronze.
I'm not sure, but don't ask Brodie.

Way to many build and half done projects to list here.
Sr250, Gs750, Z50A, XV1100, A10, Z160A.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
Matching the heads would look good but I wonder about the plate getting hit with a lot of rocks and other crap that could scratch it up. 
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline 3DogNate

• DTT BOTM WINNER
Matching the heads would look good but I wonder about the plate getting hit with a lot of rocks and other crap that could scratch it up.

That's my thinking for not doing the powder right away... most skid plates are raw aluminum. A few are available in black powder but most are raw.

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
The heads are black with edge cut fins....

Do you mean Charcoal like the the rocker boxes? or Bronze like the Rocker Box covers? (The rocker box is separate from the head on an Evo motor.)

Sorry, yes I meant the same color as the rocker box covers.  The rocker box covers are separate on pretty much all HD's. 
--

YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
KZ400 The Rabbit
KLR650, 73 Norton Commando, my 93" shovelhead chop, an 86' FXR, and an F9 Bighorn
more YZF750R's, more KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the ever unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--