www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build  (Read 27625 times)

Offline MiniatureNinja

Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #350 on: Jun 24, 2018, 15:12:23 »
Paint is Krylon satin "Jade" it's no longer made but you can find it anywhere that still has it in stock (like walmart maybe) Ive had the paint for a long time since seeing a VW forum thread about a build a guy used that paint and I was sold on it at that very moment

haha ok bro im really colorblind. 
The indoors pic looks brown.
The outdoors pic looks like a Robins egg blue.
Am I seeing this close to what you see?
You aren't color blind... I'm not sure if it's the type of paint, the fact that I used white primer and a satin paint with gloss overcoats but its fuckin trippy. I know if I bought a car one color. And took it outside and it was a completely different color I would be upset.

Check this out.. same tank, same paints same camera (Samsung galaxy s8+) just different lighting conditions

What. The. Fuck.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 15:15:26 by MiniatureNinja »
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline The Jimbonaut

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Lost Apostle
« Reply #351 on: Jun 24, 2018, 15:24:22 »
That is highly discombobulating.

Love the colour (as there are so many variants I'll use the bug shot as reference!) - love it even more on rat rod builds - the rust and that blue/green look great together.  Cool choice man.
"I'm telling you Donnie, nuthin' but nuthin' but right"

Offline LuckyB

« Reply #352 on: Jun 24, 2018, 15:25:11 »
I dig the paint. Thanks for the hint.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #353 on: Jun 24, 2018, 15:31:33 »
That is highly discombobulating.

Love the colour (as there are so many variants I'll use the bug shot as reference!) - love it even more on rat rod builds - the rust and that blue/green look great together.  Cool choice man.

originally the bike was to have some rusty components and sort of a "clean" ratbike/preservation build... but the more holes I drilled, the more lightweight aluminum I added, the transformed and I decided a cleaner bike was in order. still love the color and it was fun to do.
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #354 on: Jun 24, 2018, 16:22:21 »
Itís a chameleon!

Offline ZenMoto

« Reply #355 on: Jun 24, 2018, 16:47:46 »
Does it look this way in person?

Cameras, especially phone cameras, have really poor automatic white balance when looking at bright colors.

The color in the sun reminds me of the mint / black theme Honda used on their Magna Deluxe back in 1995 (I had the purple / white from that year).

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #356 on: Jun 24, 2018, 17:14:29 »
Does it look this way in person?

Cameras, especially phone cameras, have really poor automatic white balance when looking at bright colors.

The color in the sun reminds me of the mint / black theme Honda used on their Magna Deluxe back in 1995 (I had the purple / white from that year).

no its that way in person too. in the sun is certainly like a seafoam mint color

which is OK with me, I couldn't decide between seafoam/mint/green/jade so... now I have it all! LOL
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #357 on: Jul 01, 2018, 21:38:59 »
Got to work today buttoning up everything. I wanted to get it started today so I busted my ass all morning in a hot garage and pushed button. Ugh.. first try had the coils plugged in backwards. Second try... she fired up quite well but died when I let go of the throttle. Third try didnt go so well... as the battery had now had enough of timing and fucking around with backwards coils.
Now to figure out why. That's gonna require a backup battery, so until next time.. two gems. First pic is the completed look
Second pic is details. Still need to find a prettier bolt/nut for the tank mount
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline Popeye SXM

• Also used for MX
« Reply #358 on: Jul 01, 2018, 22:28:39 »
Looks fabulous. Great detailing, I wish could see it personally that paint is special for sure  8)

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #359 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:36:14 »
Looking great!

Getting good fuel through, floats set right/working?
What do the plugs look like?