www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build  (Read 40141 times)

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #200 on: Apr 18, 2018, 00:12:33 »
Rotor will wear back to better condition than it is now as long as there is slight 'overlap' between holes. If there isn't, you will get bigger ridges. It's dead easy to fix if needed though, just enlarge some of the holes slightly. Looks good in pic but 'full size' will be easier to see.  ;)
Do both coils mount onto the new bracket?

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018, 00:15:06 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #201 on: Apr 18, 2018, 01:01:15 »
Rotor will wear back to better condition than it is now as long as there is slight 'overlap' between holes. If there isn't, you will get bigger ridges. It's dead easy to fix if needed though, just enlarge some of the holes slightly. Looks good in pic but 'full size' will be easier to see.  ;)
Do both coils mount onto the new bracket?

I checked all the overlaps - there is more than enough so no grooves... also it may look like it is grooved - but it's just a strange discoloration, you cannot feels this grooves at all - there is room to enlarge the single larger holes in the stacks, out to 3/8 (if you can see it, one of the holes IS a 3/8 hole - because I had to balance the rotor

there is an identical coil mount on the other side, they will each be on their own mount - I wanted them to hang a little down below the tank so you can see that they are non-stock coils and give another hint to the level pain and suffering I have gone through on this bike

I was hoping I could use this kit from TC Bros for my exhaust? I am not sure about the flange sizes.
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2018, 14:56:34 by MiniatureNinja »
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #202 on: Apr 18, 2018, 12:25:02 »

there is an identical coil mount on the other side, they will each be on their own mount - I wanted them to hang a little down below the tank so you can see that they are non-stock coils and give another hint to the level pain and suffering I have gone through on this bike

I was hoping I could use this kit from TC Bros for my exhaust? I am not sure about the flange sizes.

Coils will also run cooler 'out in the breeze'  ;D
As for pain and suffering, just wait til it's running  ;)
 I get pipes and mandrel bends from
http://www.magnumforce.com/magnumstore/shop/item.aspx?itemid=61
Need 2  bends and a straight.
I used smaller diameter out of port then sleeved over it to make a 'stepped' exhaust
Use a thick washer (1/8") in port and a thick wall tube.to space out far enough for flange to clamp.
XS is about 2-3/4" stud spacing while CB is about 2.5"
I can#t find the pics of building, guess it's the ones Photobucket screwed up. I'll re-upload them when I find the flash drive where they are stored
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #203 on: Apr 18, 2018, 23:15:37 »
So PJs plan worked

It was very difficult with the equipment i have (don't have) but I manage to drill 1/2 holes lined up perfectly through the rear shock mount plates I welded up before... perfectly straight to the mm (woohoo!)

I then welded the inside of them, and cut the excess out of the middle.

because the plates aren't straight to anything but the tube - I had to cut strange angled spacers - I used the Dime City Cycles Universal Cafe Shock Mount Slugs that I had previously drilled holes in to lighten then up as I planned to use them in the above manner but didn't - I then drilled a 13/64s hole about 1 1/4 deep and tapped it for a 6mm bolt, which with a washer will hold the shock on

and.... after all that - I FINALLY got it "rolling" of course it's all back apart now while it gets some finishing touches and finish the tank and seat mount and alllll the other crap - oh yea like the ENGINE!

« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2018, 17:15:39 by MiniatureNinja »
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline huck_finn

• 1974 CB360
« Reply #204 on: Apr 19, 2018, 10:22:53 »
Will the holes in the rear brake hub cause any issues with braking? Or do you think they will shed dust from the shoes? Either way, I really dig the way they look.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #205 on: Apr 19, 2018, 14:19:00 »
Will the holes in the rear brake hub cause any issues with braking? Or do you think they will shed dust from the shoes? Either way, I really dig the way they look.

they aren't on the friction surface so no issues with wear
however, those holes will allow dust and water and crap to get in there - which isn't good for anything

they are there mostly because I have been intent on drilling holes in every possible surface on the bike :)
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #206 on: Apr 19, 2018, 17:36:01 »
Coils will also run cooler 'out in the breeze'  ;D
As for pain and suffering, just wait til it's running  ;)

Oh yea! that will be another thing all together - not looking forward to all the tuning that will be required

XS is about 2-3/4" stud spacing while CB is about 2.5"

i was more thinking about using the collar, not the flange I used the wrong term :(
wondering if that collar will work and I can use stock style CB flanges (probably from Speedy Seigl racing)
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #207 on: Apr 21, 2018, 00:02:57 »

micro push button installed on the right bar (this thing is super tiny and very well build! it threads into the 5/16-24 hole I tapped in the bar)
mini GP drum lever to actuate the remote master cylinder (need to find a super short cable for this but I may just have to modify the ones I have and shorten it up)
standard dual Motion Pro throttle (thinking about using CB400 cables as they are quite a bit shorter than the cb360 cables)
I ran the wires through a short length of gutted 550 paracord to clean them up and also gives that "vintage cloth covered wire" look
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline Alex jb

« Reply #208 on: Apr 21, 2018, 13:17:13 »
Just read all the way through, great build, we’ll done to you sir!

Did you decide on the top triple tree to remove the handle bar mounts?
I did on my 175 and don’t regret it, much cleaner look.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #209 on: Apr 21, 2018, 15:27:09 »
Just read all the way through, great build, we’ll done to you sir!

Did you decide on the top triple tree to remove the handle bar mounts?
I did on my 175 and don’t regret it, much cleaner look.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/1443fb976cc5cd14a1bc1bfcfee0688b.jpg[img]

holy wow that looks great! did you fill it with something and the paint it?

thanks for checking out my build :)

I am likely going to leave them there, as with the clip ons i have I know the mirrors won't be legal - and if i get a fix it ticket in Cali i'll just throw the old clubman bars with mirros on there for inspection and go back to the clip ons after i get the ticket signed off

I rode all last year with no signals and a sideways plate with no tail like and never got pulled over - so we'll see. top triples are cheap, can get an extra if I need to
'75 Honda CB360 - thread