Quantcast
collapse

www.dimecitycycles.com

www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com


Author Topic: Project CB690 (KTM 690 engine in a CB550f frame)  (Read 20946 times)

Offline goodoltup

  • Posts: 118
    • Personal and Work Website
Re: Project CB690 (KTM 690 engine in a CB550f frame)
« Reply #210 on: Jul 15, 2019, 03:37:56 »
Some odd and ends. Mounted the horn, below the radiator. There was a convenient mount on the front of the engine, so I used that. The bracket will be painted black for subtlety.
The sidestand that I bought had spring mounts on the front and back, so I ground off the front ones. Removed the factory flashing while I was at it. The spring is not the right length, so I scoured the internet trying to find the spring I needed. In the end, I made a small plate to take up the distance. This works fine. In the last picture you can see the plate. You can also see a washer that I made to fit the side stand, on the inside of the clevis. Again, I don't know what bike the sidestand is from, seller said it was a cb550, but I am not so sure. More of a blessing than a curse, however, because I could make a pretty tight washer out of hardened steel and now it fits very, very closely, no slop at all. I do not like sidestands that have play in them.

Offline goodoltup

  • Posts: 118
    • Personal and Work Website
Re: Project CB690 (KTM 690 engine in a CB550f frame)
« Reply #211 on: Jul 15, 2019, 03:45:10 »
Taillight is on, mocked up. Note that the original indicator mounts have been removed. The new indicators will be located below and to the left of the rear grabrail mount, as shown in the first picture.
Made a bracket to hold the relays, and mounted them. Also mounted the coil.
Lastly, I had a go at the front fender mount. I borrowed a 3in1 metal sheer, bender, and roller, and used the roll function to form a 6mm rod of mild steel to the radius of the fender. Came out pretty good.