www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB250 RS - Project "Phoenix"  (Read 7323 times)

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: CB250 RS - Project "Phoenix"
« Reply #90 on: Nov 08, 2018, 17:05:24 »
That is starting to look wicked.  I like the tank, but now I see those wheels, I am tempted to thick supermoto with high bars which of course don't work with that sexy top triple clamp....... That's the problem with projects, as they start to come together, you start to see other possible outcomes.

Pegs look a bit to far back to be able to take your weight.  Think of a horse race jockey with legs underneath him so he can use his legs as suspension.  That's more or less what you should be aiming for but less extreme of course.

Offline paddyshepherd

« Reply #91 on: Nov 08, 2018, 17:23:32 »
That thing's going to be a ton of fun to ride. I think the tank would look a lot better with an inch or two added to the swinging arm.

I don't suppose your machinist need a new friend does he?

I hope so mate. I tend to agree there as well - I did look to try and find an alloy swingarm I could use, but the frame is that narrow that it's proving nigh on impossible! I may keep an eye out for a different tank still. It's difficult to tell as I think the fact it's just one slab of solid black paint. But at the same time I don't want to paint it only to find I still don't like it! I quite like the CB360 tanks, so I may consider one of those, but I imagine difficult to find.

Unfortunately my machinist has currently had to stop taking on work. He does them as cash in hand type jobs on his lunch breaks at work, but they've done a rotation and he's no longer on the mill for a while now!

Offline paddyshepherd

« Reply #92 on: Nov 08, 2018, 17:26:17 »
That is starting to look wicked.  I like the tank, but now I see those wheels, I am tempted to thick supermoto with high bars which of course don't work with that sexy top triple clamp....... That's the problem with projects, as they start to come together, you start to see other possible outcomes.

Pegs look a bit to far back to be able to take your weight.  Think of a horse race jockey with legs underneath him so he can use his legs as suspension.  That's more or less what you should be aiming for but less extreme of course.

Thanks Teazer. Yeah, I can totally see your logic as it did cross my mind too!
Yeah, the pegs are going to be moved forward an inch or two, I just haven't got round to it.

I sat on a triton at a local show and noted how comfy the position was. The bloke said to me "as a rule of thumb, sit your arse over your shock mounts and have your heels in line below". At present, it's probably like, my ankle bone below, so they do need to shift a bit.

Offline LMCol

« Reply #93 on: Nov 08, 2018, 17:52:24 »
I did look to try and find an alloy swingarm I could use, but the frame is that narrow that it's proving nigh on impossible!

Get 'er welded!

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #94 on: Nov 08, 2018, 20:04:43 »
Your Triton friend is almost right.  On a Manx, the back of your posterior is just in front of the shock mount, but the pegs are under the front edge of the seat. 

Here's a Dave Camier (DCM) SR500 race bike for inspiration.