www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB100 Scrambler Beginner Bike Build  (Read 1828 times)

Offline cyclone64

Re: CB100 Scrambler Beginner Bike Build
« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2018, 15:12:22 »
Thanks! I've had 3 SVOs since I was about 15. Surprises a lot of people to see a turbo intercooled 4 cylinder under the hood!

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2018, 15:09:31 »
Air cleaner showed up. Off a 1980s Shadow 750. A little bigger than I thought it'd be... Anyway, the plan is to 3D print an intake. Thinking either perpendicular to the bike or possibly have it swing all the way around the frame and aim forwards on the left side (a little higher than the image where it's sitting on the motor).

Thoughts? Hopefully the large filter + long intake will alleviate the problems I've been hearing about running a pod and give it a unique look.

Offline akav

« Reply #12 on: Mar 10, 2018, 04:59:19 »
Nice project cyclone64!

PS: I cant see your last 2 posts photos of your work on the CB100

Offline furu14

« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2018, 12:52:29 »

Thoughts? Hopefully the large filter + long intake will alleviate the problems I've been hearing about running a pod and give it a unique look.

If you dont have a CV carb there is no problem w a pod filter other than jetting it correct. :)

Online coyote13

« Reply #14 on: Mar 10, 2018, 16:23:51 »
If you dont have a CV carb there is no problem w a pod filter other than jetting it correct. :)

While generally true, the CB100 has never responded well to drastic changes in intake tract length.  The type of filter used isn't the issue.
Half the fun's in the get there...

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2018, 02:23:15 »
Does the area of the filter not make a big difference as well? If not, I'll probably find something a bit smaller and still print the correct length intake runner.

Got a bit of work done on the bike this weekend... Bent up a little battery / electronics tray:

Anyone have a good fuse/distribution box that's a bit smaller than the one in the last picture? Probably only need about 3 fuses...

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2018, 17:07:00 »
What's the process for tightening the head bearings on these bikes? The service manual I have is pretty quiet on it - only mentioning the top nut being tight enough that you don't feel slop in the forks but not so tight that the bars won't easily move. What about the nut under the top of the triple tree?

Offline 1fasgsxr

« Reply #17 on: Mar 13, 2018, 13:11:20 »
The nut under the top triple tree is the nut they are talking about in the service manual. It is pretty spot on too. think of it as a wheel bearing...too tight the wheel don't want to spin, too loose and it will shake and wobble going down the road. Tighten it and work the forks side to side and front to back. Get the front to back wobble out and make sure its not hard to turn left and right.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41083.0

Life is a journey from the maternity ward to the crematorium....

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2018, 15:18:31 »
Thanks! I'd guess the top nut just gets tightened enough then to keep it from coming apart, didn't see a torque spec for it.

If intake length really is the important bit, I think I'll buy a smaller pod and print a shield/intake for it to have something a bit less visually large.

Offline Rat_ranger

« Reply #19 on: Mar 17, 2018, 13:59:00 »
I'm using the 4 fuse version of these http://www.cycleterminal.com/mp280-fuse-box.html . Very small.
Xs650