www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: CB100 Scrambler Beginner Bike Build  (Read 1932 times)

Offline cyclone64

Re: CB100 Scrambler Beginner Bike Build
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2018, 14:12:18 »
Those look great! Thanks!

Got the horn/turn signal switches mounted:

And playing around with ideas to mount the speedometer. The cross bar on makes locating it where it'll be visible by my 5'5" girlfriend a bit tricky:

Offline furu14

« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2018, 15:26:36 »
Just try mount it a little closer to the rider ,then you can angle it up some more.
1/2" to 1" closer to the stearing nut will do the trick.
maybe it look wrong? i dont know..

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #22 on: Mar 19, 2018, 17:24:32 »
Yeah, it definitely needs a bit more angle to look right. I should be able to move it down about an inch/angle back another 10deg. I'll give that a shot.

What do people do to vibration damp these things? The mount is just bent aluminum so it's got a bit of spring to it. Thinking I can use some 0-rings on the mounting bolts to damp it a bit more. DCC says they'll fail if not damped properly...

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #23 on: Apr 11, 2018, 14:40:59 »
Small progress, was out on a road trip through Oregon/Nevada/Utah/Arizona/New Mexico for the girlfriend's birthday.

Carb was... a bit dirty:

Cleaned it up, new gasket, new drain screw, new float/pin:

Trimmed up the grips to go around the nifty little switches I found:

Hoping to get it fired up this weekend (probably with just the pod on the carb, waiting on my buddy to print the intake)!

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #24 on: Apr 11, 2018, 18:19:37 »
She’s lookin good bud.

Offline coyote13

« Reply #25 on: Apr 12, 2018, 11:38:45 »
She is indeed!  If it were me (not that you asked my opinion) I think I'd cut the grip all the way around along that line/indentation that your switch housing butts up against.  Should look a little cleaner, and if you felt the need to match you could do it to the other side as well.  A good cheese wire or heavy test fishing line should be able to help
Half the fun's in the get there...

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #26 on: Apr 12, 2018, 14:18:36 »
Thanks for the tip on cutting the grips - that's a great idea to use cheese line / fishing wire! And you're right, I might end up doing that, just started with cutting the least amount of material, can always cut more :).

Thanks for the kind words, all! Hoping to get this thing done so I can start working on my next project - an SL175:

Offline travisvisual

« Reply #27 on: Apr 13, 2018, 13:32:39 »
Pretty Legit, I like it. Jealous on how fast you are getting it done. Mine took me too long. 95% done haha. But I honestly like you desert sled better though haha.  :D

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #28 on: Apr 13, 2018, 16:33:48 »
Thanks! I'm pretty motivated to get it done so I can get the Sl175 ready to hit some trails this summer. I'll probably start a thread on it soon.

And yeah. I love the Desert Sled!

Offline cyclone64

« Reply #29 on: Apr 24, 2018, 15:47:25 »
Not a lot of progress in the last week... But got the first print of the intake done. Need to tweak things a bit to get the fitment just right, but overall I think it'll work well.

Also sorted out the wiring for the turn signal and horn switches... Main what a pain to get those connected and ran through the handlebars!