www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Doing Research For Tracker Build Using Kawi Ninja 650 (Probably)  (Read 2792 times)

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
You could lace a dual disc front hub to a 19" flanged alloy wheel without much issue. Though, you'd add some work in to the equation with getting the brake calipers lined up and all.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
You could lace a dual disc front hub to a 19" flanged alloy wheel without much issue. Though, you'd add some work in to the equation with getting the brake calipers lined up and all.
I just need to find out which bikes have spoked wheels and twin discs, not too many I would imagine.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
I am open to suggestions of other donor bikes which would make good trackers, I can modify frames easily so I'm not looking for something just to bolt parts on.  Main criteria is twin cylinder parallel or V and must be cheap (under $1.5k) not interested in xs650 though.

Offline slikwilli420

Grab a hub from a Honda CB, 70's era. They are 6 hole pattern that is shared with more modern rotors from Ducati and Yamaha. That would allow you to run dual disc up front, though for a tracker, go with a big single disc and a good 6 piston caliper. That will be plenty of stopping power, especially since you are running dirt track tires, you dont want TOO much brake.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
FT500 is a great tracker base and once was a popular flat track donor.  Personally, I prefer the thumper route, and an FT500 is one at the top of my list for a next build.

Offline Rat_ranger

Kz750 twin, cb500, vt500, ex500, sv650, etc.  Depends on how new you want to go and how much work you want to do. 
Xs650

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
That kz750 or the vt500 looks like a good option.  The frames on both of those look real easy to work with.

Offline johnu

• DTT BOTM WINNER
FT500 is a great tracker base and once was a popular flat track donor.  Personally, I prefer the thumper route, and an FT500 is one at the top of my list for a next build.

I like singles, I race one :)  but my boy wants a twin so that's the route we'll go :)
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2018, 19:14:59 by johnu »

Offline farmer92

• DTT SUPPORTER
I like singles, I race one :)  but my boy wants a twin so that's the route we'll go :)

Any reason for sticking with a four stroke?
Plenty of fun 2 stroke twins also

Offline Rider52

• DTT SUPPORTER
I saw a nice RD350 tracker in Daytona a few years back. The builder used Harley 40 spoke aluminum hubs laced to 19" rims.  Easy to find and pretty cheap.
Projects
74 Yamaha TX650
Sweep the Floor Project
3 Assorted Honda CL 72 scramblers in a million pieces
3 Harleys in constant state of sorrow and a Buell
1978 Yamaha Chappy 80 burning up the highway
Cut my motor in half Sportster to Shortster