Indian scout bobber build off

doc_rot

Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I hope these dudes build better than they draw.

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/the-wrench/

nuff sayed...

kyle-kompas--lg.jpg

Christian Newman is an amazing builder with tremendous skills and attention to detail. I'd like to see him in this competition.

canyoncarver said:
Christian Newman is an amazing builder with tremendous skills and attention to detail. I'd like to see him in this competition.

I know him personally. His attention to detail is unparalleled but he's also used to a MUCH larger deadline for a build and he was telling me they only give you 2 months to do it so it's not going to be able to be as complex as he'd normally be going for. Would be cool to see his take an a brand new bike nonetheless!

Guess i was just feeling a little butt hurt yesterday because some of the proposals that were chosen over mine were pretty lame (See above). But looking at who they chose the narrative they are trying to spin is pretty obvious.
I voted for Christian Newman. He not only has the best drawing here, but I saw his stainless chopper at Born Free Last year and was blown away. True craftsman, I hope he wins.

Attachments

• indianconcept.jpg
    indianconcept.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 215
irk miller said:
He still can't draw worth a damn. :eek:

I think that's why they chose the people they did. This is all in an attempt to sell motorcycles. They want their key demographic (30-60 yo males) to identify with the builders. Most people cant draw for shit, so if the builder draws shitty and then pulls off something halfway decent, it will make potential buyers feel like they could do something like that too and hopefully sell a few bikes. In retrospect I shouldn't have done a Photoshop sketch.

I like that the one dude wants to build an ADV bike from an indian scout. WTF
The thing is 988 lbs when it leaves the lot and massive.
Add adv style protection, bags, suspension etc and you're pushing 1300lb, and it's intended to go "offroad"

Not only can he not draw, he's apparently a nitwit to boot.

Actually its only 554lb wet. a 1200GS in ADV trim is 560

doc_rot said:
Guess i was just feeling a little butt hurt yesterday because some of the proposals that were chosen over mine were pretty lame (See above). But looking at who they chose the narrative they are trying to spin is pretty obvious.
I voted for Christian Newman. He not only has the best drawing here, but I saw his stainless chopper at Born Free Last year and was blown away. True craftsman, I hope he wins.

? No idea you were in the running... I'd love to see your racer come to life.

I follow Newmans instagram. I believe he had his lady draw it for him. @ebdecke or something like that.

I wish all of them good luck. That is not an easy platform to start a custom build, especially in two months.

Rider52 said:
I wish all of them good luck. That is not an easy platform to start a custom build, especially in two months.
Pristine running and riding is the best platform to start with. All they have to worry about is the aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom