www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: UJM fate - I vote STOP ruining awesome bikes, build rad Cafe's out of the rest!  (Read 3695 times)

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
This is more to my liking, I'm not saying it's better, it's just more to my liking.

Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline Sav0r

• ChrisLivengood.net
My favorite part is that you can only see 40% of the bike at one time.
Sav0r the adventure.

Visit www.chrislivengood.net to get more information on my RD350 dubbed Mia Wallace as well as my other projects and snafus.

Instagram

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Liberace had a CBX.  John Wayne had 2 x z1300's*

* I may have ever so slightly made all of that up, but you get the idea.
I was born a rocker.  I'll die a rocker.  And I'm proud of it.

Offline 88SS

Iím fully on board with what chuck is saying. A few years ago I bought a 1980 Cb750f. The guy I bought it from made me promise not to chop it. At first this was tough. I fantasized about screaming down the road on a ďcafe racerĒ. I didnít chop it though. I focused on bringing it back. Over these few years Iíve had several others tell me not to chop it. Typically it only crosses my mind when something goes wrong, and I have to drop money on it anyway. But again and again, people who know motorcycles tell me not to chop it.

Iíve assumed people were telling me this, because they doubt my abilities. Thatís a fair assumption. Iím no machinist, and definitely not a master fabricator. Either way, the bike is all still there.

As time goes on, Iím learning the shortfalls of the design. This gives me the opportunity to make a great bike fucking awesome by bringing it into the present. Modern amenities and such. Out with the old and in with the new.

Though this is a continuous process, Iíve essentially created the ultimate sleeper and gained just as much admiration from the people who matter.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline xulf13

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • West of Tennessee
I think that I'm proud that I am not in that video.
Shame on me for making it on the video for a whole 2 seconds.
Still looking for that number to call.....:-P

Offline Redbird

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Dolor est Magister Optimus
Sadly, all these fell off the all original, 90% complete, RD400 we're building...

I'm gonna blame gravity, that way it can be considered a natural occurrence ;)
When you are Dead, you don't know that you are Dead. It is difficult only for Others.

It is the same when you are Stupid.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
I say make it yours and ride it, whatever that means to you. Put a skateboard on it, paint it flat black and put some electrical tape on the headlight if that's your thing.

I find nothing more annoying than "motorcycle collections" or "motorcycle investments"
Collectors in general I find ridiculous.
These motorcycles were built by the millions to be ridden, crashed, customized, chopped, bobbed, and "cafe'd".
The were not built to sit in some old douches garage so he can jerk off looking at it before he sells it for a profit to the next douche to do the same.

Offline datadavid

I say make it yours and ride it, whatever that means to you. Put a skateboard on it, paint it flat black and put some electrical tape on the headlight if that's your thing.

I find nothing more annoying than "motorcycle collections" or "motorcycle investments"
Collectors in general I find ridiculous.
These motorcycles were built by the millions to be ridden, crashed, customized, chopped, bobbed, and "cafe'd".
The were not built to sit in some old douches garage so he can jerk off looking at it before he sells it for a profit to the next douche to do the same.
Probably dies before that, leaving his relatives to sell that priceless collection on auction.

Offline MiniatureNinja

Probably dies before that, leaving his relatives to sell that priceless collection on auction.

in my area we have a large community of older collectors - you can usually find valuable and rare cars and motorcycles for a good deal because the children of these collectors have no interest in the cars, have no idea what they are "worth" and just want to sell them to pay for nursing home care.

people constantly scoff at the price of CB350s in good condition, "$2,500+ on a 40 year old bike?!?!"  uh... yea that $550 that it was new back in 1972.... is about $2800 in 2018 dollars... it's not that high of a price - and it doesn't make the bike any more valuable than they were 20, 30, 40 years ago.
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Indeed.  Simply being old doesn't make a bike desirable or valuable.  Even being rare doesn't automatically make a bike worth a lot.  If it were shite then, it'll still be shite now, but with the added hassle of being aged and cranky.
I was born a rocker.  I'll die a rocker.  And I'm proud of it.