www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: 1982 Honda FT500 Cruel Sport Hellride  (Read 432 times)

Online Kanticoy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Mad Science!
Re: 1982 Honda FT500 Cruel Sport Hellride
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2019, 22:53:58 »
This project is hosed now. Youíve cut the frame and itís ruined.
I get not knowing, but I can't for the life of me understand not trying. It's only metal it can be fixed. Man up and risk a mistake in exchange for a lesson.
'

Offline ex119x

« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2019, 23:32:31 »
I have built a bunch of these over the past 30+ years. I have some parts laying around if you need something, I may have it. I have a complete front end and wheels, for sure.
Here is my current one. It has a VF750F front end, CBR600F2 wheels and CB700SC shocks (I use these shocks on most of my singles, as they are longer than stock, have adjustable damping, stiffer springs and are cheap on e-bay) My motor on this one is stock with the no name pipe and a VM38.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2019, 23:48:48 »
I have built a bunch of these over the past 30+ years. I have some parts laying around if you need something, I may have it. I have a complete front end and wheels, for sure.
Here is my current one. It has a VF750F front end, CBR600F2 wheels and CB700SC shocks (I use these shocks on most of my singles, as they are longer than stock, have adjustable damping, stiffer springs and are cheap on e-bay) My motor on this one is stock with the no name pipe and a VM38.
Very cool! Hoping the FCR38 works well enough, considering stock is a VB39

Offline ex119x

« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2019, 00:24:38 »
Very cool! Hoping the FCR38 works well enough, considering stock is a VB39
I think it will work fine, once you get a decent pipe on there. I had a 38 flat slide on mine before the VM, but some of the rules for some of the race orgs don't allow flat slides and I had the vm sitting around. The Jemco flattrack pipe I had on one of my bikes seemed to make the best power. I think I am going to try to make a headpipe from an XR600 fit and try to run up pipes.

I am thinking about sticking my stock carb on my ironhead sportster to replace the Bendix that is on there.