www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Obtaining a LEGAL registration for an untitled bike  (Read 2051 times)

Offline farmer92

• DTT SUPPORTER
Obtaining a LEGAL registration for an untitled bike
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2018, 23:13:33 »
You could always just title one, insure them all, and just swap tags between bikes.  I mean, you can't ride more than one at a time anyway.   

This is reeeeeaaallly tempting

Because the cost to register in quebec is going up between 15-27% these next 2 years

Bottom row is annual cost
Top row is category

The cost for an “at risk” bike is set to hit 1900$/year by 2020 or 2021
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 23:15:59 by farmer92 »

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
Re: Obtaining a LEGAL registration for an untitled bike
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2018, 03:23:10 »
Holy Mary mother of Trump! That's extortionate.  The Republic of Ireland is also painfully expensive.
I was born a rocker.  I'll die a rocker.  And I'm proud of it.

Offline grandpaul

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Author, "Old Bikes"
    • Born Again Bikes
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2018, 10:12:51 »
You could always just title one, insure them all, and just swap tags between bikes.  I mean, you can't ride more than one at a time anyway.   :o
I must admit to using one of MY plates on another one of my (same make/model) bikes, for a quick ride, but that was many years ago and I feel better just riding the thing with the CORRECT (but expired) plate. Less of a fine if caught.
It ain't braggin' if ya done it.

Offline CALfeRacer

• Fat man on a little bike
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2018, 14:04:29 »
Great write up! Only question I have is what should be put down for the VT license number when I (clearly) don't have one? I assume they're fine with you putting in a different state for the "address where you live" though?
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson
Afflicted by BAS: Bike Acquisition Syndrome. There's always room for one more!

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2018, 14:33:17 »
Great write up! Only question I have is what should be put down for the VT license number when I (clearly) don't have one? I assume they're fine with you putting in a different state for the "address where you live" though?

Yes -- I used my info from Mass, and that's where they mailed everything as well. They don't seem to have an issue with that.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline grandpaul

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Author, "Old Bikes"
    • Born Again Bikes
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2018, 14:44:27 »
Correct, you apply from ANY STATE, send required paperwork, pay the fees, they send you reg & plate. Period.
It ain't braggin' if ya done it.

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 14:19:05 »
Correct, you apply from ANY STATE, send required paperwork, pay the fees, they send you reg & plate. Period.

Just be careful, in indiana you have 90 days after you move into the state to have all vehicle registrations moved to indiana.  If you are an active resident and you are running a registration in your name from another state you better have a drivers license in that state or else they can impound and fine you.

Its all about that tax money, you live in Indiana now, and they expect you to pay registration fees here.