www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: CB 360 no label parts build!  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Stayrad

CB 360 no label parts build!
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:20 »
Hey guys Iím new here!  I live on the west coast, play music, and tinker in the garage. Cars, boats, bikes, anything that catches my eye. I donít make enough money to keep everything I build 😭 so I sell some of the things I build. Iíve  used this forum for learning and lurking in the past. Iím in process of putting together a bike from parts and thought it would be cool to document it here. Iíve already started but Iím gonna post a lot at the beginning to get it caught up.

To start I have a non running incomplete engine in an untitled frame 😂. I ordered another frame off eBay with a title.

I think this bike will have a bent towards being a cafe but ....I donít wanna be locked in.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:21:05 by Stayrad »

Offline Stayrad

Re: CB 360 no label parts build!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:55:12 »
The titled frame ready to be chopped

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:52 »
Valves are getting reseated, new guides, seals from Schumann motorworks. Cylinders getting bored locally.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:54:33 »
Nice, Are you having it bored for Suzuki pistons?

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 13:25:05 »
Sweet.  Every time it seems like the 360 builds quit happening, another one pops up. 

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 15:53:10 »
The titled frame ready to be chopped

What exactly needs to be chopped?  There's not a whole lot of surplus metal in the form of brackets or tubes on that frame.  It already has a rear loop, so nothing at the back needs to be chopped.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 16:13:41 »
What exactly needs to be chopped?  There's not a whole lot of surplus metal in the form of brackets or tubes on that frame.  It already has a rear loop, so nothing at the back needs to be chopped.

looks like from the untitled frame he has - rear peg mounts, side cover and fender mounts, battery/electrics tray, probably a welded rear hoop

i'm amazed the clean triangle cafe look is still "in" Im starting to see a lot more bikes with side covers on them.

oh... you really need to drill some more holes in that rotor... unless you like grooves - holes need to overlap
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 16:15:29 by MiniatureNinja »
'82 BMW R65LS
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 21:44:43 »
I'm not going to say not to chop anything, but I prefer to cut things off as I build.  You never know what might be able to be utilized.   These have a nice bolt in rear hoop that can be shortened, if you want that look.  The turn signal brackets may get chopped, but you may find that other aftermarket lights look nice there.  The seat lock will likely get chopped.  Lots of guys cut off the center stand mounts only to regret it later. 

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 12:04:18 »
Hey sorry for the delay I was getting my Memorial Day partying on yesterday. Good call on the rotors. As for the rear chop I am working on bending up an old set of 7/8 handle bars to fit in like the original one does. If I hate it Iíll start over. Hereís a pic of what Iíve done.

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 12:05:53 »
Because of the angle of that picture it looks crooked. Let me try another