www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: CB 360 no label parts build!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Stayrad

Re: CB 360 no label parts build!
« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2018, 02:23:13 »
Mmmm cylinders bored. Nos .75 pistons ready to fire 🔥

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2018, 02:27:13 »
I was digging through the bin of parts that came from Po and these gauges were new in box. Score or not? Donít know anything about them. This tach doesnít have any tach cable input so Iím guessing it goes with some electronic sending unit which I donít have.

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #22 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:06:40 »
Just learned from YouTube that I can tap into my coil wire and it will read the spark which represents a revolution of the engine. Learned something new. I think Iím gonna use them because I have them. If they break because they suck I will just replace.

Offline irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:15:25 »
Just learned from YouTube that I can tap into my coil wire and it will read the spark which represents a revolution of the engine. Learned something new. I think Iím gonna use them because I have them. If they break because they suck I will just replace.
Mine is just a sensor wire that wraps around the plug wire.  No need to cut anything open.

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #24 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:33:23 »
Mine is just a sensor wire that wraps around the plug wire.  No need to cut anything open.

Oh cool. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #25 on: Jun 02, 2018, 13:29:01 »
So I just bench tested the engine .....getting smoke out of the left cylinder. Everything is fresh so Iím banging my head against the wall on why this would be happening. All I can come up with is that the cylinder was overbored, forgot a valve seal, rings werenít aligned right. My answer to all these things is ďsurely notĒ

Iím about to break it back down. Any advice from the cyber world before I do that?!?

Offline Sderbyshire

• Into Sailing, classic Triumph cars and motorbikes.
« Reply #26 on: Jun 02, 2018, 13:37:01 »
Great thread!, and perfect timing as iím about to do a top end rebuild on my 360.

What pistons did you use, .75 oversize gs850 pistons??

Steve

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #27 on: Jun 02, 2018, 13:39:20 »
I actually am just using CB360 pistons at .75 over  Iím about to do the top end today to figure out why Iím getting smoke out of the left cylinder.

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #28 on: Jun 03, 2018, 13:51:59 »
Did you oil bores when re-building?  Rings are on right way up and in correct positions? New valve guide seals?
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline Stayrad

« Reply #29 on: Jun 03, 2018, 15:37:41 »
Did you oil bores when re-building?  Rings are on right way up and in correct positions? New valve guide seals?

I didnít do oil rebores I broke the engine down yesterday and the ring gaps were not 120 degrees off. I must have moved them on accident when installing cylinders.

So I put them120 degrees apart fired it up yesterday and now Iím only getting a small amount of smoke out of both when accelerating. Iím hoping thatís just because itís a fresh build. compression is good. The cylinders do have the cross hatch pattern after bore so Iím hoping those are holding a little oil thatís burning.

Now my next prob is the Charlieís place electronic ignition

Turns out 360 has 2 different types of spark advancer. Mine is the one that has 369 stamped on it. Not only that but mine is one of the 5percent that is stamped on the opposite side.  So much wasted time figuring that out.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON