www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Black Knight..Brake upgrade  (Read 39578 times)

Offline LMCol

Re: Black Knight...SUPERTRAPP!!!!
« Reply #450 on: Nov 18, 2018, 17:30:43 »
sounds mint! whats that white Powder you were using on the bolts? some kind of oldschool threadlocker?

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #451 on: Nov 18, 2018, 18:56:16 »
sounds mint! whats that white Powder you were using on the bolts? some kind of oldschool threadlocker?

Thanks bud, It looks powdery in the pic but actually thread sealant w chunks of Teflon. 
so not locktite or Antiseize.  Just to prevent SS from galling w the Aluminum.

Offline hooligan998

Re: Black Knight, Black GOLD!!!
« Reply #452 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:19:50 »
More importantly, If you dont have a set of these valve tools.  GET THEM.

Actually making the task a pleasure.  8)

What brand is that?  I like it.  I could use one.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Black Knight, Black GOLD!!!
« Reply #453 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:49:50 »
What brand is that?  I like it.  I could use one.

Bike master...They could've made them 1/2 inch deeper and slightly smaller diameter (Ill put it on the bench grinder for next time).

Even still they are perfectly awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Valve-Clearance-Adjustable-Wrenches/dp/B0036GGDLA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1542627922&sr=8-10&keywords=valve+tool+set

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #454 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:07:23 »
Man, that Supertrapp sounds glorious. I might need to run one of those on the 550 chop.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #455 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:29:03 »
Man, that Supertrapp sounds glorious. I might need to run one of those on the 550 chop.

Ebay my love, Ebay.

Offline pidjones

« Reply #456 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:36:07 »
That sounds so smoooooth. With all of the work in it, it should, right?

Does the Teflon paste really work? At work, we had a lot of SS 1/4" NPT fittings into aluminum castings that had been "sealed" with teflon tape. They carried helium, and all leaked. When pulled apart to repair, they had all galled and ripped aluminum threads out with them. Luckily they were shallow enough to be retapped and sealed with blue refrigerant sealant (LeakLok). Of course, NPT threads have a lot of pressure on them. On SS into aluminum bolts, I've been using a product called NeoLube - collodial suspension of graphite in isopropyl alcohol. When the alcohol evaporates, it's like graphite plating. Fantastic for SS to SS at really high temps, and so far has worked for me on SS in aluminum. You MUST use lock washers, however! (And reduce torque, as it is very slick and easy to draw threads right out.)
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
« Reply #457 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:08:45 »
Looking great!
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Café SOS - Stage One™, Café SOS - Stage Two™
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #458 on: Nov 19, 2018, 14:05:13 »
That sounds so smoooooth. With all of the work in it, it should, right?

Does the Teflon paste really work? At work, we had a lot of SS 1/4" NPT fittings into aluminum castings that had been "sealed" with teflon tape. They carried helium, and all leaked. When pulled apart to repair, they had all galled and ripped aluminum threads out with them. Luckily they were shallow enough to be retapped and sealed with blue refrigerant sealant (LeakLok). Of course, NPT threads have a lot of pressure on them. On SS into aluminum bolts, I've been using a product called NeoLube - collodial suspension of graphite in isopropyl alcohol. When the alcohol evaporates, it's like graphite plating. Fantastic for SS to SS at really high temps, and so far has worked for me on SS in aluminum. You MUST use lock washers, however! (And reduce torque, as it is very slick and easy to draw threads right out.)

Thanks bud, and yes it works really well for me in the applications I use it.  Aluminum bodied Hydraulic elevator control valves.  ( We already have it on the job because we use it on the black pipe threads in hydraulic piping). So it just made sense to me to use it in this application.  I don’t recall the numbers off the top of my head but it does have a higher heat tolerance than anti seize.  And I’m not gonna use locktite on engine cover bolts.  I’ve been using it on the bikes since the beginning and everything always comes apart as though I just assembled.  And yes always use it the minimum lubricated fastener torque value.   

And there’s enough in this $12 can to do like 100 bikes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BPOOXI/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvpv2_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6375e697-f226-4dbd-a63a-5ec697811ee1&pd_rd_wg=BlAlp&pf_rd_r=K01YY5QP8TBMJ6MCJYR2&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B000BPOOXI&pd_rd_w=8MRP8&pf_rd_i=teflon+paste+thread+sealant+real+tuff&pd_rd_r=b049e17f-f965-441c-8992-da63cc82b0c6&ie=UTF8&qid=1542650957&sr=1
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2018, 14:12:43 by trek97 »

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #459 on: Nov 20, 2018, 08:50:07 »