www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: amazon algorithm fail?  (Read 212 times)

Offline doc_rot

• DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oh the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
amazon algorithm fail?
« on: Jul 06, 2018, 05:20:09 »
I dunno what the hell is going on but i have gotten some amazing deals on brand new EBC disks. I bought the first two just because the price was so low, approximately 88% off!  Then I bought the single disk after watching it fall 5% everyday for two weeks, until it mysteriously stopped at $76 and I then bought it. Once I bought them the price went back to the normal retail price at $220 each! I was searching the EBC part numbers from their catalog, not fitment, so maybe it led me down some weird path?  I dunno, but i figured I would share in case anybody want to look up some part numbers and maybe get a deal.
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2018, 05:22:58 by doc_rot »

Offline canyoncarver

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • 'hacking is learning'
Re: amazon algorithm fail?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 06, 2018, 12:06:35 »
It's odd, for sure.  I see it happen on items now and then as well.  I also tend to start with part numbers when looking.  I've noticed it more that way than by general descriptions.  Possibly the part number matching algorithms?
--

YZF750/1000R The Fly
KZ 750 Twin
ZRX 1100
KZ400 The Rabbit
KLR650, 65 Norton, my never finished shovelhead chopper, an 86' FXR, and an F9 Bighorn
more YZF750R's, more KZ's, a Zephyr750...and the ever unfinished 75' CB550 cafe.
--