www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: hydrolic lifters question  (Read 223 times)

Offline miffa

hydrolic lifters question
« on: Jul 10, 2018, 08:41:22 »
am i right in thinking these will bleed there selfs or should i get as much oil in them via removing the piston and using welding wire open the one way valve and pumping them submerged in a oil bath ,was going to change to solid lifters but they are to noisy and although the will work on the original cam ive heard ideally the cam should be changed to a high lift  ,not looking to get any extra HP its only a 1340 shovelhead
cheers

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: hydrolic lifters question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2018, 13:28:44 »
No need to prime hydraulic lifters.  They may slap at first until things prime, but nothing to worry about.  I've been taught that priming them can actually make them act like solid lifters.  Not sure of the truth in that part.

Offline miffa

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2018, 05:37:46 »
No need to prime hydraulic lifters.  They may slap at first until things prime, but nothing to worry about.  I've been taught that priming them can actually make them act like solid lifters.  Not sure of the truth in that part.

cheers irk ....on the advice of others i pre filled them ,they rattled like mad ,re did them this morning following your advice drained them by depressing the one way valve  refitted and set them after about a minute or so they had filled up and the rattling stopped ...so spot on advice there irk ...your da man cheers

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2018, 08:33:36 »
Sweet.  Glad it worked out.  I need a shovel in my life.