www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: Dohc Cb750f: possibly a valve issue  (Read 10489 times)

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
Re: Dohc Cb750f: possibly a valve issue
« Reply #120 on: Jul 03, 2019, 20:48:54 »
Maybe he wants to burn the thing to the ground.....  Or hopefully meant he was going to use a relay but went for short form explanation.

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #121 on: Jul 04, 2019, 20:28:14 »
The ignition module controls the work coils. Same with the last set I had. No risk of burning the bike to the ground. Iíve already got it wire up. The coils switch on when you fire the starter. Iím not an electrical engineer, nor do I care to be one. Thatís why Iím on board for simple design. Also, if it does burn to the ground weíll have all learned a valuable lesson. Iíve ran fuses and such. Honestly I feel pretty confident this time around

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #122 on: Jul 04, 2019, 20:40:46 »
Safer to wire them through a 30A relay, that way you can turn them off when ignition is off. Easier than disconnecting every time

I did a relay bipass with the stock ignition, when it was on the bike. Honestly, if I would have ran better coils that would have been an awesome set up. These power arc coils are controlled by the ignition module. They arenít grounded. If I grounded them then there would definitely be a melt down

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #123 on: Jul 04, 2019, 20:43:37 »
All this being said, Iím not advocating for power arc yet. I havenít had any success with the system yet. They are communicating with me, however, and Iím installing it as instructed.

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #124 on: Jul 05, 2019, 23:56:37 »
So, after working on the bike for hours the damn thing wonít crank. Iím getting spark, and the timing is right. I spent meticulous hours on the wiring....... and all I get is the occasional backfire. Iíve got a sneaking suspicion he sent me a module for SOHC. I just know it. Iíve checked everything and re-timed the damn thing several times.
Trying not to let disappointment set in

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #125 on: Jul 06, 2019, 00:24:49 »
If that even matters....

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #126 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:24:44 »
Ok, so after another try or two Gary calls me. We decided it sounded like 180 out of time. All I did was switch 1 and 4 plug wires to 2 and 3. Then 2 and 3 to 1 and 4 and it fired right up.... damnedest thing Iíve ever seen. Test ride tomorrow!!

The coils put out one hell of a spark. It audibly sounds like a taser. If all goes well, a little tuning will make this bike sing. Iím trying to keep my feet on the ground tho. Still havenít ridden it yet

Offline pidjones

« Reply #127 on: Jul 06, 2019, 07:27:19 »
Fingers crossed for ya.
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline SquidHunter

« Reply #128 on: Jul 06, 2019, 22:09:24 »
Just got back from my shake down run...... bike runs amazing. I only rode about 50 miles, but I had zero issues. Idle was smooth. No backfire even on deceleration. No flat spots on acceleration. At the moment Iím very pleased. Iím going to take it on a good long run tomorrow and see what happens.

On a totally separate note: I cleaned my carbs really well last time I pulled them. They sat in a heated ultrasonic for 24 hours. I havenít had any carb related issues since, but they are always around the corner. Does any have any recommendations for a professional that does carb restoration? I think next go around Iíd like to spend the extra money and have them done really nice. I know some of the press ins could probably use some attention, and the slide bores are beginning to score a bit

Offline Pete12

« Reply #129 on: Jul 07, 2019, 07:45:07 »
Great news, well done.