www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Crime, and the absence of military grade machine guns  (Read 654 times)

Offline Scooter trash

Full on 50 caliber machine guns, and others, are legal. Between California, Texas, and Florida, there are over 60,000 legal registered military grade, machine guns...and zero used in a crime. They are registered, and you must pass a background test that is stiffer than a normal Conceal carry. Bump stocks did not qualify as a machine gun.
Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Offline MiniatureNinja

Re: Crime, and the absence of military grade machine guns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2018, 23:24:26 »
what are you saying here?

are you implying that machine guns are not a right? if so, how on earth do you come to that conclusion based on our bill of rights?
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline JSJamboree

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • DTT BIKE OF 2016
  • Weird Indy Kid
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:02:54 »
You also donít have to be trained or certified, you just have to have a tax stamp from the gov. They cost around $10,000 for a grease gun which is basically entry level so they are generally only owned by collectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #3 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:18:40 »
So, was this supposed to debunk the whole "military grade weapons in citizens hands are dangerous" bit, or na? Since citizens have actual military grade weapons, and nobody is committing crimes with them.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2018, 01:22:50 »
So, was this supposed to debunk the whole "military grade weapons in citizens hands are dangerous" bit, or na? Since citizens have actual military grade weapons, and nobody is committing crimes with them.

Former Marine here. 3/1 K '01-05 and contractor after in Iraq 06 & 07

what is all this talk about "military grade" weapons?

military grade is what the government was willing to spend on millions of rifles - AKA complete SHIT from the lowest bidder that could meet supply demands. I was 0331 (machine gunner) and I carried 3 spare barrels on any venture OTW.

the rifles I own now are of far better quality, and I while they may not be black and scary looking, they will fuck you up more than the ones I used while I was making terrorist wannabes do the room temperature challenge
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2018, 07:16:32 »
More of a crack at the ban the AR-15 because nobody should have military grade weapons crowd.

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:03:42 »
I read it more as support for stronger background checks and closed loopholes, but of course I'm probably wrong.
"Remember when Goldwings were sexy? Me neither" -- Comet Tavern bathroom, Seattle.

Offline Scooter trash

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2018, 17:22:51 »
The point is that these weapons are deadly but not a threat for one reason, they are registered. You can't give out deadly force as a right or it will get abused in the wrong hands. Not everyone with a right, is sane. Not everyone with a right, will have common sense.
 Have the government hand out free, unlimited supplies of Heroin, and you will have overdoses the same day.
We need cars, hammers, baseball bats, knives, and axes. Believe it or not, we could live without guns...unless you live in an American city.
Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2018, 19:34:55 »
I'd be cool with closing the miniscule "loophole" at gun shows. Where private citizens can sell freely.

Any weapon purchased legally from a dealer, there is record of the purchase.

On your attempted point of tying regulation to lack of crimes committed, I think the wrong question is being asked. A better question, is do people with the means to legally purchase these weapons, commit less violent crime?

I don't know how many people in a hurry to kill folks have $20K to spend on a firearm to do it with, nor the patience to wait months, up to a year to get final approval.

Meanwhile, they're used illegally, infrequently, but used.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 20:14:44 by J-Rod10 »

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2018, 20:00:43 »
Part of owning a Title II weapon, is giving the ATF access to your home at any time they so choose to show up.

Do you suggest, that should be required to own a weapon? A constitutionally guaranteed right, mind you.