www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Crime, and the absence of military grade machine guns  (Read 951 times)

Offline MiniatureNinja

Re: Crime, and the absence of military grade machine guns
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2018, 14:26:22 »

I think we pretty much agree on everything here. We are closing the doors in september if the right wing parties get elected. Flood gates have been open for too long and our tolerance is definitely worn down by now. Mena refugees just dont mix with open western societies.

back in the 80s we had an idea - "if you put 1000 Russians in your city, they will have to assimilate to become part of the city. if you put 1,000,000 then your city becomes Russian"

Here in America we are a melting pot of culture, this is what baffles me about the whole "cultural appropriation" BS - it's respect and blending of cultures. my family has a tradition every Christmas we research and make food from a different country, new one every year. It's awesome
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #21 on: Aug 12, 2018, 15:30:30 »
Former Marine here. 3/1 K '01-05 and contractor after in Iraq 06 & 07

what is all this talk about "military grade" weapons?

military grade is what the government was willing to spend on millions of rifles - AKA complete SHIT from the lowest bidder that could meet supply demands. I was 0331 (machine gunner) and I carried 3 spare barrels on any venture OTW.

the rifles I own now are of far better quality, and I while they may not be black and scary looking, they will fuck you up more than the ones I used while I was making terrorist wannabes do the room temperature challenge

Isn't 'contractor' a pseudonym for mercenary? Anyway, I know it isn't supposed to be funny but this bit made me laugh " they may not be black and scary looking, they will fuck you up more than the ones I used while I was making terrorist wannabes do the room temperature challenge"
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #22 on: Aug 12, 2018, 16:08:45 »

Isn't 'contractor' a pseudonym for mercenary? Anyway, I know it isn't supposed to be funny but this bit made me laugh " they may not be black and scary looking, they will fuck you up more than the ones I used while I was making terrorist wannabes do the room temperature challenge"
Not really. Have a family member over there all the time. He never leaves base. Works on drone engines. Makes absolute bank.

Offline Scooter trash

« Reply #23 on: Aug 12, 2018, 16:09:08 »
The Millennials have a completely different view on gun ownership. Eventually they will be banned, not helped by the media tossing it in your face every day, using Chicago as a political tool, against Democrats. I want to keep my guns, I also have a carry permit, my Mr. Rogers neighborhood, is more like Captain Spaulding's.   
Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #24 on: Aug 12, 2018, 17:47:29 »
The Millennials have a completely different view on gun ownership. Eventually they will be banned, not helped by the media tossing it in your face every day, using Chicago as a political tool, against Democrats. I want to keep my guns, I also have a carry permit, my Mr. Rogers neighborhood, is more like Captain Spaulding's.
Far from all of us think like that. I don't think they'll be banned. Whole lot of us pesky Millennials grew up with firearms as a part of like, father/daughter/son/grandfather bonding. We're just not the ones certain channels on TV tend to put on the air.

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #25 on: Aug 12, 2018, 18:30:15 »

nope.

mercenaries are paid soldiers essentially.

as a contractor I was responsible for site security for dignitaries, intelligence sites, supply depos - my primary job was route planning and transportation - we often came under fire during planning stages, and were responsible for our own defense, I was armed, we fought.. we did a lot of things. But at the end of the day I was just a security guard really - in a combat zone

as for firearms eventually being banned. really?

prohibition did not work, we eventually legalized and taxed it
same with pot - and other drugs will follow.

you can make your own guns - anyone who wants a copy of the TM31-210 (Improvised Munitions Handbook) from the U.S. military just download it and it will explain how to make every type of weapon from every day items. It's not illegal (provided the weapons you make meet required laws for length and ammo type) and I encourage people who don't know shit about guns to find someone who does and hang out with them.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2018, 18:33:18 by MiniatureNinja »
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2018, 20:28:58 »
you can make your own guns - anyone who wants a copy of the TM31-210 (Improvised Munitions Handbook) from the U.S. military just download it and it will explain how to make every type of weapon from every day items. It's not illegal (provided the weapons you make meet required laws for length and ammo type) and I encourage people who don't know shit about guns to find someone who does and hang out with them.
I have a friend who was a sergeant in the Ranger Battalion, keeps telling me I should learn more. I think AR15 is so scary to people because when you handle it (unloaded without mag) it feels like a toy. I kinda wondered what all the fuss was about until I got to hold onto one. It is a little terrifying knowing just what it could do in the wrong hands
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2018, 23:43:27 »
I have a friend who was a sergeant in the Ranger Battalion, keeps telling me I should learn more. I think AR15 is so scary to people because when you handle it (unloaded without mag) it feels like a toy. I kinda wondered what all the fuss was about until I got to hold onto one. It is a little terrifying knowing just what it could do in the wrong hands

This:

and THIS:

have identical capabilities - they fire the same round, at the same velocity using similar magazines.

yet one is more "scary" because people just dont know.
you want scary guns? how about the one Jose "Emilio" Huerta is hiding in his waste band... you know the Beretta 92 that has the serial numbers shaved off and is loaded with standard capacity magazines that law abiding citizens aren't allowed to own.
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #28 on: Aug 12, 2018, 23:56:35 »
Far as lethality in numbers goes, close range, a handgun is going to do more damage than an AR, with someone somewhat competent with a handgun.

Offline J-Rod10

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Slipstream Cycle Works
« Reply #29 on: Aug 12, 2018, 23:58:50 »
Then, there's this bit of awesomesauce.