www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Another patina Honda CB360 build  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Snacks

Another patina Honda CB360 build
« on: Sep 06, 2018, 13:46:19 »
I have a CB360 sitting in my parents  garage where itís been for almost a year. Doing some work on it here and there. Just recently have I started getting serious about
A. making it run
B.  turning it into a cafe racer.

When I first bought it, the po was turning it into cafe and had already cut the seat and other small cafe things. For some reason  I was under the impression the motor was in decent shape. Why I thought that, fools me too. By the pictures Iíve seen, the bike didnít  look like that at all. Lol but for $400 I guess I wasnít too upset either way. I planned on rebuilding the motor until I started tearing into it and problems after problems after problems arose. The bike never got the recall, it had metal flakes in the engine the valve cover was missing metal and wouldnít seat. I bought a kit start lever seeing it didnít come with one and found the mechanism was stripped. So all in all I have to fully rebuild the engine. And I want to be able to ride it while that process is going on so I was forced to buy an actual good engine from someone in Philly (2 hr drive from me). Another $200 bucks later and a 4hr ride home I had a good engine. Now this is my first Honda cb build but I built a Cafe racer out of a Kawasaki enduro. Which didnít last long. The day I rode it to my girlfriends house aka a week after my plates were on the bike got stolen. I got it back but lost complete interest it just didnít feel the same. So I bought the cb. And just now got the motivation to build another cafe. I planned on making this a quick build but realistic might take some time, seeing Iím in firefighter and EMT training.

My plan for this post is mainly for me so I can keep track of things Iíve done, need to do, and get help from people more familiar with cb360ís than I am.

The bike still needs to be stripped and painted, before I do that I need to weld the electronics box together (Iím a terrible welder) frame loop and make my own seat (first Iím going for a brat style seat and later once the bike is rideable Iím going to fiberglass a cafe seat.

Offline Sonreir

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Oregon
Re: Another patina Honda CB360 build
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2018, 14:55:24 »
Following along.
Sparck Moto - http://www.sparckmoto.com

Audaces fortuna iuvat.

1977 Honda CJ360 - Cafť SOS - Stage Oneô, Cafť SOS - Stage Twoô
1976 Puch Maxi - APuchalypse Now
Suzi T500 Cobra Resto

Custom Gauge Graphics
Custom Wiring Harnesses

DTT Red, White, and/or Black 360 Club - Better than those Blue guys

Offline Sderbyshire

• Into Sailing, classic Triumph cars and motorbikes.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2018, 03:10:43 »
Me too, love the 360 !

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2018, 03:38:08 »
more CB360 love!

IN
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2018, 11:45:12 »
 8)
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline Snacks

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2018, 14:39:50 »
Thanks everyone already whoís showing interest in the build.   8)

Yesterday after I forced myself off the couch to get some of the box done. Got the sides of the box cut out and welded after a few failed attempts ( im a terrible welder), but managed to get the sides in. Still need to weld the top mounting points and the battery hold down as well as the back. Today I decided to work on the single speedometer mount for the speedo. I had to really think if I wanted to keep the original speedometer,  And the fact is. It saves cost as well as keeps it more original. So I gave my welder a break for this and opened up my cad software. I made two different versions. One that fits on the whole speedometer and another that fits just the bare Necessities. Which is the one Iím going to use. So later Iím hopefully going to 3d print it and have a picture of the mount completed. And on the bike.
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2018, 14:41:48 by Snacks »

Offline WhyNot

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2018, 09:22:38 »
yep, got me interested.
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted (being lazy)
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda SL350K2 Frame for above engine
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild
1984 Dodge D50 Beater DD since 1997

Offline Snacks

« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:22:59 »
good morning everyone, heres a quick update. i was tinkering in the garage last night, was during some polishing, polished the upper triple and the breather on the old engine. i'll have to transfer it to the new one. i recently discoverd the old owner of the bike cleaned out the carbs already after i bought the kit already so i have a spare carb rebuild kit. DOH. all in all, the carbs are good. hopefully if the rain stops i'll get a chance to go finish the electrics tray.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2018, 12:33:30 by Snacks »

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2018, 15:39:55 »
Cheap pods end up being a waste of money as you will replace them with better ones to get bike running better. I always recommend K&N RU1820. They are not cheap but have best airflow at higher rpm (~7k up)  UNI's are a cheaper alternative  but I don't have a part number for them as I've only had them on bikes I bought with them fitted (and changed them for K&N)
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0