www.cognitomoto.com

https://www.townmoto.com/collections/vanson-leathers

www.speedmotoco.com

www.CITYLIMITMOTO.com

www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

Author Topic: CL350 Junker Wrenching  (Read 5960 times)

Offline MandoSteve

Re: CL350 Junker Wrenching
« Reply #30 on: Oct 01, 2018, 10:10:07 »
I agree completely. Great to see people contributing. I never realized there was such a large culture on these boards. Thereís quite a few of them.

I did remove the oil pump. Once I got the basket about 3/4 off the shaft I was able to palm the both the pump and screen and slide them out. I went ahead and set them to the side so there was no pressure on the arm for the pump while I was working out how to get the basket removed. I almost feel like I might be too tentative with it. Like I said, Iím use to being mild since Iím typically working on other peopleís equipment. Maybe I should just get on this thing and walk it off. Maybe Iím just not holding my mouth right. Tough call.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline MandoSteve

« Reply #31 on: Oct 01, 2018, 21:02:18 »
I walked into the shop and it pulled off easy as pie. Go figure. Clearly, I wasnít holding my mouth right. Iíll get back at it tomorrow.

Offline ncologerojr

• Catskill Mtn. Customs
« Reply #32 on: Oct 02, 2018, 16:09:14 »
I walked into the shop and it pulled off easy as pie. Go figure. Clearly, I wasnít holding my mouth right. Iíll get back at it tomorrow.

Haha must have been the mouth all along. Youíre not alone my mouth has often made things considerably more difficult...

Offline MandoSteve

« Reply #33 on: Oct 03, 2018, 21:44:58 »
Overall, that day was productive. I completed the removal of most of the components under the right-side cover and started cleaning the compartment. I have changed my mind on the GSXR forks. I think I will knock those back out and go stock. Question for the knowing: is the front fender plus bracket a factor in stability?

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #34 on: Oct 03, 2018, 23:06:29 »
You'll get along w the bracket alone just fine. 

The only downside is slinging shit all over the engine and yourself. 

IMO.  I prefer the appearance of a bike w fenders. 

Lets me think to myself,  "Oh yeah, I would ride that." Instead of, "Looks cool parked in pics but Nope"

Offline stroker crazy

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • crazy as a fox
« Reply #35 on: Oct 04, 2018, 03:10:03 »
It only takes one light shower for the fender to be replaced pronto!

Crazy
ďRide like the WindĒ W.H.

Offline MandoSteve

« Reply #36 on: Oct 05, 2018, 20:15:34 »
I can see that would be the case. I wondered about it, mostly because I have the front fender but it appears to have been modified. I also have two extra forks. Thinking about putting the original stem/forks back just so I donít have to constantly match parts. Just a thought.

After I got a Cub Cadet off the bench that had a bad drive belt, I did this today. Believe it or not, this has certainly come a long way. Iíll still need to make another pass with soft Scotch Brite to remove the rest of the gasket, but this is progress. All the removed parts have been measured, cleaned and had some white lithium reapplied. Iíll try to reassemble tomorrow and might get a jump on cleaning the covers themselves.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #37 on: Oct 05, 2018, 21:06:22 »
White lithium ?  Why?

Offline MandoSteve

« Reply #38 on: Oct 05, 2018, 21:27:59 »
Itís a thin layer of surface lubricant. It should keep it from rusting since it is clean of oil and exposed to the air.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #39 on: Oct 06, 2018, 18:34:46 »
Itís a thin layer of surface lubricant. It should keep it from rusting since it is clean of oil and exposed to the air.

Ahhh. LOL, now I see.  Just for storage during the rebuild then.   ;D

Im all sitting here like....Uhhh, Clutch slipping much?!?!?    :o