www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Yellowheader's CJ360  (Read 382 times)

Offline LKS

Re: Yellowheader's CJ360
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2018, 05:06:48 »
Nice work! I see you mention driveability ( not that I think it matters too much if the bike looks cool ;) ). My son has a similar bike that he wanted to go the cafe route with, but changed his course and did a cafe/tracker styel bike instead. What he (or I)did was to make a comfortable tracker seat and mount motocross handlebars instead. Something like the picture I posted but with side covers. I know this is a cb, but yours look even cooler with the square tank. Just an idea :) Nevertheless, I'm exited to see the result no matter which route you take :)

Offline yellowheader

« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2018, 09:52:38 »
Thanks! The look of my bike will be quite similar to that but with a humped seat and 70s style street tires. As for handlebars, what I'm calling superbike bars ( I think I have the terminology right) are pretty much the same as MX bars but without the brace across the middle, and maybe a bit narrower.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Offline Sderbyshire

• Into Sailing, classic Triumph cars and motorbikes.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 02, 2018, 13:49:35 »
I have Renthal ‘superbike’ bars on my 390 project, with rearsets.

I tried clipons but my ageing frame hated it...... so tried the flat renthal bar and its perfect, really comfortable.

Here’s a pic, next to friends cb750.

Offline LKS

« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2018, 15:36:43 »
Thanks! The look of my bike will be quite similar to that but with a humped seat and 70s style street tires. As for handlebars, what I'm calling superbike bars ( I think I have the terminology right) are pretty much the same as MX bars but without the brace across the middle, and maybe a bit narrower.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

My bad.. I thought superbike bars was another term for clip-ons ;)  Then I agree with your choises :)